Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having today??

I finally got my Carne De Res Deshebrada made yesterday (the dish Karyn made a few days ago) and from tastings, we'll have darn good tacos!1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
Tony is making chili out of the leftover grilled tri tip. Should be pretty good I think.
I'm thinking of making almond chicken for dinner, but that could change because I would also like to make that linguine dish with the cherry tomatoes that Daphne mentioned recently.

For lunch, however, I made a delicious dish with sauteed broccoli rabe, garlic, and white beans. Really tasty.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking of maki...)
We are going to have meatloaf and Company Potatoes (aka Mr. Dell's Potatoes) My favorite potato casserole!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? by luvnit (We are going to have...)
I'm gonna fire up the grill tonight and make chipotle chicken burgers.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? by luvnit (We are going to have...)
I had to look up Mr. Dell's Potatoes. That's the same recipe my family has been making forever, I mean like 30 years, except we call them Sinful Potatoes or Those Potatoes. LOL. They have been on many a Christmas and Easter dinner table.

I will be making them myself to go with a honey baked ham next month for my son's birthday dinner.
Sous Vide top sirloin steaks with sous vide glazed carrots, salad and sous vide vanilla poached pears.

These steaks were even better than the NY strips we did earlier. Evenly medium rare throughout but nicely tender, yet beefy. We will use the torch to sear finish. Now in fridge waiting for quick rewarming and searing with the torch. The pears and the carrots use the same temp, so they'll go in together (obviously in separate bags.)
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? by Cubangirl (Sous Vide top sirloi...)
I think we'll have fish and chips tonight. I got some beautiful cod and I can do it in the deep fryer.

Still no oven! Grrrrrrrrrrr.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? by Harborwitch (I think we'll have f...)
I was planning to do Hamburger Pie since it's going to be cold, but I asked William what he wanted. I hadn't expected a response since I rarely get one. Not today. A big salad with grilled chicken. He must have been really bad at lunch! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I was planning to do...)
Bob took me to lunch - a great 1/2 lb bacon cheddar burger & fries that we split. Then an ice cream this afternoon. Skipping dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!