Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Still have leftovers I'm working on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Blane's cubano sandwich looked so good last night but Tony won't be home to grill so I'm going to try my hand at chicken cordon bleu with a mustard sauce cooked inside. I just love that cubano mustard sauce!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14?? by Trixxee (Blane's cubano sandw...)
Trixxee, you should try the cubano burger also, it's just as delicious.

Macaroni and cheese w/ basil bread crumbs tonight. It's comfort food weather here.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, you should ...)
Quote:

Trixxee, you should try the cubano burger also, it's just as delicious.

For sure - thanks Blane!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm a bit out of the loop here. Can someone direct me to the Cuban sandwich and burger recipes? Are they Cuisine?

Life got in the way the other night, so didn't get the Chicken Linguine with candied tomatoes done. That WILL BE dinner tonight. Can't wait!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14?? by Mare749 (I'm a bit out of the...)
Both are C @ H. Blane has a beautiful picture of the sandwich on his FB from yesterday. Here is the recipe for the sandwich (which I left off the bread for fewer calories). I haven't made the cubano BURGER recipe (nor looked for it yet but Blane told me where to find it (Vol. 14, Page 13).

http://cookingwithjennw.blogspot.com/201...sauce.html
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14?? by Trixxee (Both are C @ H. Bla...)
It sure did look good!

Enjoy your linguine, Maryann! I love it so much!

I moved steak night to Thursday nights....William was getting jealous, so I found myself having it two nights in a row! LOL! Plus, it's the perfect dinner for Thursdays when I'm exhausted...no cooking for me! He does all the work!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner 3/27/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (It sure did look goo...)
Tonight we're having beer battered cod, onion strings, deep fried artichoke, and fingerling potato fries (blue, red, and white). Skipping tartar and going with malt vinegar and maybe a parm. & herb ailoi. We'll see about that.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!