T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making a pork & aparagus stir fry from F&W

Pork & Asparagus with Chile-Garlic Sauce
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Derek has a horrible cold So everything I make he's just not up to eating and darnit I have things thawed that I have to cook.

Tonight will be pan seared cod with caramelized carrots and rice pilaf.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by DFen911 (Derek has a horrible...)
Well, look at Denise - cooking up fish!!

Hope he feels better soon, poor baby,
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (Well, look at Denise...)
Hope Derek recovers soon, Denise. Chicken soup and all that...(It really does work)

Tonight I'm making Bonefish Grill's bang-bang shrimp, a copycat recipe, of course. Maybe a few fries and a salad to go with. Or I may cook my new favorite recipe for baby bok choy with oyster sauce.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by Mare749 (Hope Derek recovers ...)
Oh my, the Pork & Asparagus stir-fry is just delicious!! Hot & Spicy, but the flavors allow even wusses like me to enjoy!! (I don't keep dried hot chiles, so used 1/2 jalapeno, not cleaned.)

[Image: Mar28PorkandAsparaguswChile-GarlicSauce_zpsbaf3020f.jpg]

And, really good with Chateau St. Michelle Riesling
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (Oh my, the Pork & As...)
That looks pretty tasty Jean.

Hey Maryann, I'm making a copycat recipe also, McDonalds big macs w/ fries.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (Oh my, the Pork & As...)
Sounds and looks really good, Jean!

Maryann, I want to eat with you guys!!!!

I'll just be plundering the fridge and pantry. I know I have the fixings for a wrap. We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds and looks rea...)
When Tony arrives back from his grueling drive from San Diego, we'll be ordering a half cheese/half sausage & mushroom pizza for delivery.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by Trixxee (When Tony arrives ba...)
Fish went in the freezer, he's worse so just heated up some homemade soup I had in the freezer.

Got almost 3 inches of rain today! Small stream is really flowing and now have one that's created itself down the border of our property and the one next door. It's about 12" wide and 8" deep already. Looks like rain for the next 6 days too.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/28/14?? by DFen911 (Fish went in the fre...)
Denise, you're getting the rain we were supposed to get, but so far just sprinkles here and there. Thank God, because Oso sure does not need anymore water making the disastor even worse.
www.achefsjourney.com