Sourdough Chocolate Cake
  Re: (...)
My sourdough needed to be worked and I have just too much bread in the freezer, so went on a search on King Arthur for some ideas for starter.

Sourdough Chocolae Cake

[Image: Mar28SourdoughChocolateCake_zpsb9a37a4c.jpg]

This cake is so good - not overly sweet and with the addition of the espresso, just a chocolatey goodness!! I don't have enough powdered sugar to make the expresso frosting, so just drizzled with the glaze instead which helped keep the sweetness level down.

I'm hoping I can get some of it in the freezer before we nibble it all. We did have friends stop by yesterday, so some of it got enjoyed by others.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sourdough Chocolate Cake by cjs (My sourdough needed ...)
Yum. That looks so moist. I like the idea of a drizzle instead of frosting, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sourdough Chocolate Cake by cjs (My sourdough needed ...)
That looks really good and is very similar to Ruth Allman's. I think tomorrow I'll make sourdough doughnuts. It sounds good - and I'm kinda craving "something" like that.

Billy told me that I can use the oven in the club house if I need to bake something. Hard to get motivated to do in the rain . . . but it's nice to know that I could.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sourdough Chocolate Cake by Harborwitch (That looks really go...)
That looks so good, I'm drooling! And I would actually prefer the drizzle over frosting, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sourdough Chocolate Cake by Gourmet_Mom (That looks so good, ...)
Hmmm, donuts sound even better and we don't eat many sweets.

Sharon, you mentioned using the oven in the club house. Do you bake your donuts rather than fry?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sourdough Chocolate Cake by Mare749 (Hmmm, donuts sound e...)
These I'll fry Maryann - but I do have a recipe for baked, and a pan for mini doughnuts.

I'm actually thinking now that I'll do them tomorrow. I have a bunch of work to do for Chad and I have to work the early shift (3 to 7) Tomorrow we're both off.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!