Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here - I'd like to do a steak and swt. tato fries. Making pizza dough, but I like to 'age' it a couple days, so that'll be Mon or Tues. Been a while.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, with you and Laura making all these delicious looking pizzas, I've decided on pizza for tomorrows dinner. I have a question, can Neapolitan dough be made a day in advance and 'age' in the fridge? A dumb question, but I've never made this dough before.

Tonight's dinner will be what I was going to make on Tuesday, Steak Oscar.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by losblanos1 (Jean, with you and L...)
Yes, it can - I 'age' every pizza dough I make now.

This is about the longest I've gone without makng pizza and that (darn) Laura is making me drool with each pix of hers!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (Yes, it can - I 'age...)
I'm going to slow braise a roast and do homemade mashed potatoes and the glazed carrots I didn't do yesterday

Sunshine this morning!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (Yes, it can - I 'age...)
I have some chicken & veggies from the other night. I think I'll add some pasta, a little cheese, and some more veggies. I'd toss it in the oven . . . .

I think we've come to a resolution. Whirlpool is cutting us a check for 75% of the purchase price (sucks!) and the repair/dealer is ordering us a new one at his cost plus tax. We should be back up and running . . . when we get that check. If the dealer hadn't been such a sweetheart I'd have taken the check and bought something else somewhere else. But we're getting a much improved model and it's not going to suck up our traveling money.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by DFen911 (I'm going to slow br...)
Something Mexican sounds good today, so maybe tacos, burritos, enchiladas...not sure yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by Harborwitch (I have some chicken ...)
I am directless today - highly unusual.

Thinking about making this - it's awesome.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/vietnamese-s...-and-lime/
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by Trixxee (I am directless toda...)
I've decided on an old family favorite I usually do with catfish, but I have Swai so will use that. Crusted 'catfish' sandwiches and chips. Been a while.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by cjs (I've decided on an o...)
I am feverishly working in my workshop. So far I have been served breakfast and lunch by my hubby. Now I understand he has a rabbit stew in the crock pot for later

I did make a delish Banana Cream Pie earlier... I would have been happy with just that. This is even better.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 3/28/14?? by luvnit (I am feverishly work...)
You are going to be one spoiled lady, Laura!!
www.achefsjourney.com