Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes?
  Re: (...)
I need them for a friend whose husband is diabetic. He isn't suppose to have much sugar although they do use a bit of teriyaki sauce and she does make chicken marsala. They mostly avoid BBQ sauce or anything super sweet. She also asked for baked fish recipes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by Mare749 (I need them for a fr...)
O.K., where to begin.... I'll send you an email Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by cjs (O.K., where to begin...)
I grill my chicken then basted it with hot wing sauce yummy
  Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by DFen911 (I grill my chicken t...)
Chicken piccata, chicken pomodoro, chicken with creamy sundried tomato sauce. Oh gosh, there are a lot!
  Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by DFen911 (I grill my chicken t...)
Thanks, Denise, but my friend doesn't eat anything even remotely hot. Her husband, however, puts sriracha on everything!

I did give her the recipe for light chicken Francese and they liked that.

Thanks, Trixxee. We were posting at the same time and I just saw yours. You mentioned three that I forgot all about!
Maryann

Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by Mare749 (Thanks, Denise, but ...)
The chicken cutlets with almond-butter sauce is one of our favorites.
  Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by losblanos1 (The chicken cutlets ...)
THAT'S the one I couldn't think of! Yes, we love that one too.
Maryann

Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by Mare749 (THAT'S the one I cou...)
How about that one of Bills with the brandy in it. It was more le money than sweet, if I remember correctly. I also have a salmon recipe from Emeril with onions and lemons. The Essense in the recipe is his signature seasoning blend. The recipe for that is on FN, but I just used salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Could be served with other sides, but brown rice pasta is really good. I use linguine with it instead of bow tie, but if the like that kind....go for it. I'll look around for more.

Emeril Lagasse's Salmon Fillets With Sautéed Lemons and Onions

Servings:4
Ingredients
2 tablespoons sour cream, light or creme fraiche
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
24 ounce salmon fillets skinned
2 tablespoons olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
1 medium yellow onion very thinly sliced
2 medium lemons ends trimmed and sliced into very thin rounds
12 ounces pasta bow tie recommended
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup scallions sliced
1 bunch parsley garnish
Preparation
In a small bowl, stir to combine the sour cream, lemon juice, and salt. Set aside.

Meanwhile, lightly season the salmon on both sides with Essence.

In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook just until beginning to get translucent, about 3 minutes. Spread the onions out so they cover the bottom of the pan. Place the salmon fillets on top of the onions and lower the heat to medium-low. Top the salmon with the lemon slices. Cover and cook until the salmon is just cooked through and the onions are caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the onions while the salmon is cooking. If they begin to burn, add a little water to moisten them.

While the salmon is cooking, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain and toss with remaining olive oil, salt, and scallions.

Divide the warm pasta among 4 large plates. Place 1 salmon fillet and the sautéed lemons and onions over each serving of pasta. Top with the sour cream sauce and drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by Gourmet_Mom (How about that one o...)
I'm sendng you one of the easiest and they can do with the chicken whatever they'd like.

I (we) at work just called this 'Good Sh*t' and it was the seasoning I always used on poultry to precook it for whatever.

You might call it this when you give it to them........

EVERYDAY SEASONING

a Chef's Journey
2 parts salt
1 part granulated garlic
1 part white pepper

MIX TOGETHER AND USE FOR EVERYTHING!!

This is what I use whenever I'm cooking a chicken that I want to use for different dishes or just have an oven-roasted chicken. Loosen the skin and rub the mixture uder the skin - I usually do 1/2 chicken at a time as it gives me plenty of meat for the two of us for 2 or 3 dishes/meals. Rub the outer skin with a little olive/vege oil and sprinkle with a little more of the seasoning. Bake at 350°F., uncovered for 30 minutes; then start temping it and pull it at 160°F if temping the white meat; 170° for dark meat (thigh/leg). So easy and so very tasty.

The chicken can also be done skinless.

ONe of the best grilled or oven-roasted salmon dishes for us is the Tarragon-Brown Sugar Salmon which is in the Journey....Home book. The amount of brown sugar is miniscule (2 T. for 3 lbs. fish)

I would also recommend the two books:

Don't Eat Your Heart Out
Choices for A Healthy Heart

Both are by Joseph C. PIscatella - they are aimed at heart folks, but all the food is so healthy that the dishes can be used by just about anyone for a healthy regime. My son who is a diabetic also, uses a lot of them.

I won't add anymore even tho I do have a lot of them, but Maryann, you are so up with the healthy regime, that I don't think you'll have any trouble recommending dishes to them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite chicken breast and fish recipes? by cjs (I'm sendng you one o...)
C @ H's cajun chicken stroganoff is another good one.