T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on your menu for today??

I have two new (to me) cookbooks to play with. One, "Caviar, The Definitive Guide" by Susie Boeckmann & Natalie Rebeiz-Nielsen is the one I got the caviar sauce recipe from a few days ago. And, you ought to see their ideas for using and loving caviar.

The other one is at the complete other end of the food spectrum. "Dinner's Ready. Turn a Single Meal into a Week of Dinners" by Andrew Schloss.

The book has 52 main menus with recipes using parts of each dinner in another - it's really interesting. I'm doing Menu #25.
The Sunday Dinner (which we will have today, Friday ) -

Fried Chicken and Gravy
Anchovy Mashed Poatoes
Broccoi with Asiago

The Weeknight Entrees -

Mushroom Mushroom Soup (which uses gravy & chicken)
Warm Chicken Caesar Salad (which uses chicken)
Stir-Fried Scallops with Broccoli and Caramelized Pecans (which uses broccoli)
Potato, Leek and Goat Cheese Quiche (which uses anchovy mashed potatoes)

Probably more than anyone ever wanted to know..... But, I'm havin' fun.

Here's an example of how Andrew Schloss's mind works -

Salted Caramel Crispies
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14?? by cjs (What's on your menu ...)
Love the Salted Caramel Crispies! I am going to get this book at the library. Sounds like I might like it.

Your dinner sounds amazing! Anchovy Mashed Potatoes... Hmmm Sounds delightful.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14?? by luvnit (Love the Salted Cara...)
Yippee!! It's Friday.
Tonight's dinner will be pan fried filets with beurre rouge sauce (issue #4) and mushroom risotto milanese (issue #1), I've never made risotto before, fingers crossed.

Edited to correct grammar.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14?? by luvnit (Love the Salted Cara...)
I have some ground turkey thawing in the fridge and think Bob is going to make meat balls. I'll figure the rest out later.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14?? by Harborwitch (I have some ground t...)
Blane, you'll be hooked with one batch, I'll bet!!

I'm not an anchovy fan, but these potatoes are big time flavorful!!

Wow - too heavy of a mid-day dinner (better than later, tho ), but everything was delicious. I'll sure do the anchovy mashed potatoes again! and the gravy.

<a href="[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/COOKING%20PICTURES%202014/Apr4Chickenanchovymashtatoesbroccoligarvy_zpsa3489592.jpg.html" >[Image: Apr4Chickenanchovymashtatoesbroccoligarv...489592.jpg]</a>]Fried Chicken and gravy, Anchovy mashed potatoes and broccoli with Asiago[/url]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14?? by cjs (Blane, you'll be hoo...)
Yummy!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14?? by luvnit (Yummy!!!...)
Either linguine with clam sauce, or shake and bake chicken. LOL. I don't think I've ever made shake and bake chicken in my 15 married years but I bought some the other day. Why, I have no idea.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/4/14?? by Trixxee (Either linguine with...)
I'm not sure I've ever made shake and bake either! TOnight we're either going out for pizza or snacking on cheese and crackers...still haven't decided.