Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Day 2 of 5 days of meals - Today is Mushroom Mushroom soup. I kept the skins from the baked potatoes and I think I'll baked them up with something and serve with the soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I love mushroom soup!

Today my teenage niece is coming to spend the night... Going to the zoo during the day (I think).

Then home to make what all teenagers love... PIZZA! Yup!

I felt bad that the last time she spent the night we had meatloaf. Not exactly a teens dream dinner!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by luvnit (I love mushroom soup...)
Jean that sounds so good! I'll probably BBQ tonight if it's not raining too much. Going to be at the fair grounds all day working the Earth Day Master Gardener's booth so nothing fancy when I get home
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by DFen911 (Jean that sounds so ...)
We are going to the races at beautiful Santa Anita to see some KY Derby hopefuls race - California Chrome, Candy Boy, Hopperunity (Mike Smith is on this one), and some others but these are the favorites. Also running are some great fillies trying to get into the KY Oaks.

It's one of the biggest days of the year there so they are having a huge food truck and craft beer festival on the grass in the infield and I already know what I'm having - a lobster roll from The Lobsta Truck. Had one (actually, I had two) last year and it was quite possibly the best thing I ever ate in my life.

Horses + food + wine + sunny and 72 degrees = a great way to spend the day.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by Trixxee (We are going to the ...)
Envious big time, Trixxee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by cjs (Envious big time, Tr...)
Sounds like fun, Trixxee. So, do you get all dressed up for this and wear big hats?

I think we're going to do burgers and a chopped salad tonight. But, since I'm "re-reading" the 400 calorie fix, that could change...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by Mare749 (Sounds like fun, Tri...)
No, I will be wearing capris, t-shirt and flip flops. You know I'm not sure if some people get dressed up for the SA Derby - last year was the first time we went and we were out there in the infield which is very casual (we are bringing folding chairs and an umbrella) - aka the cheap seats. I know a lot do for opening day each year.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by Trixxee (No, I will be wearin...)
It's definitely soup weather here, not lobster rolls and flip flops weather. Sounds like a great day for you Trixxee. Have a blast!

CA has the kitchen tonight and she's making egg tortilla (frittata) with roasted peppers-onions. Sausage and Spanish salad on the side.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by losblanos1 (It's definitely soup...)
Plans changed already. I made a larger salad and have bread rising to take to Holly's tonight. She invited us over for spaghetti and meatballs. Who can resist that?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/5/14?? by Mare749 (Plans changed alread...)
"Day 2 of 5 days of meals - Today is Mushroom Mushroom soup. I kept the skins from the baked potatoes and I think I'll baked them up with something and serve with the soup."

Oh my, was Roy Richard ever in heaven with this Mushroom Mushroom soup!! Even I liked.

You 'shroom lovers, are you ready for this??

[Image: Apr5SauteeingMushroomsforsoup_zpsdb9e2b07.jpg]
For the dried, I used "Dried Black Fungus" (don't ask me what this is, that's all I can read on the pkg. ) and Straw mushrooms and for the fresh - Criminis.

Can't really give the recipe, you almost have to get the book from the library and make some of the first recipes. They are all connected.
[Image: Apr5MushroomMushroomSoup_zps48df7145.jpg]

This is really a fun project.
www.achefsjourney.com