Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets?
  Re: (...)
This is what I have

A few years ago I had to replace my electric skillet of probably 30 years! Why oh why did I think I needed anything this large? All this is leading me to offer someone one heck of a good deal. Anyone need a larger skillet than they currently have?? Any one that is old but in good shape I would be willing to trade – straight across. (After all how many more years will I be cooking?????)

I’ve only used this one maybe 4 times over the years, but I do like to have one when I want it!

Any takers??? They could wave to each other passing thru the mail.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by cjs ( [url=http://www.coo...)
I gave mine to Billy. I only used it about twice a year and his had just died. Now I am going to be on the hunt - I could have used one while the oven was down.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by Harborwitch (I gave mine to Billy...)
I think mine is the same size. Otherwise I'd jump at the chance!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by luvnit (I think mine is the ...)
Piddle
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by cjs (Piddle...)
Sorry Jean, I gave my small one away to Salvation Army and got a 16". The smaller one was not big enough for my favorite pot roast. I only do it once or twice a year but...I like to put a large cross rib in the skillet with carrots, mushrooms, shallots, onions, leeks, potatoes. The veggies are wonderful, caramelized but not too soft unlike when done in a slow cooker or oven. Not as easy, but so worth it.

If you can't find a trade, try Salvation Army or Goodwill.
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by Cubangirl (Sorry Jean, I gave m...)
I wish I could help, but I don't even have one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by Gourmet_Mom (I wish I could help,...)
Thanks everyone - it was worth a try.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by cjs (Thanks everyone - it...)
That's a nice size. I gave my small one away because it was too small for the 3 of us and now it's just 2 of us and never replaced it.
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by DFen911 (That's a nice size. ...)
The uses that you and Alina use yours for Denise, I'm thinking are things I never have used mine for. I prefer roasts done by other methods, so the size is just not right for me.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone Want to Trade Electric Skillets? by cjs (The uses that you an...)
Am I the only one that stopped at the "how many more years will I be cooking?"

Who is she trying to kid!!!!