Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today?

Our Costco run screwed up my food plans for yesteray, so will have the scallops today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Still working on leftovers. Also working on freezer diving this week to make room for Michael's ice cream cake for his little party on Saturday. He's 15 today. Can't believe it.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by Trixxee (Still working on lef...)
Since I will be working all day and into the night in my workshop, it will be leftovers for us too. Fortunately I planned ahead!

-Egg salad sandwiches
-Chicken Broccoli stir-fry
-Beef n Bean Burritos

Just pick what you like and leave mom alone!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by luvnit (Since I will be work...)
I remember those nights, Laura!! Good luck with your project(s).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by cjs (I remember those nig...)
Well, tonight's dinner was a massive sous vide fail....the plan was to sous vide a tri-tip and serve it with a rosemary chimichurri. However, I was in a hurry this morning and must have done something wrong when I set things up. I got home and the temperature on the water was 80 degrees. There is no way that I could save meat that had been sitting in 80 degree water all day!

Plan B...dinner at our local tavern. I had a cocktail and a buffalo chicken flatbread. It was pretty good, but I was really looking forward to steak. That dinner is on the menu for next week when I'm on break!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by karyn (Well, tonight's dinn...)
What a shame, Karyn! We're having spaghetti and salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (What a shame, Karyn!...)
I surprised myself how well I liked the scallop stir-fry - not because of the scallops, but just the dish all together.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by cjs (I surprised myself h...)
I made a Stromboli with ham, provolone, spinach and roasted red peppers with a cup of Cuisine's Zucchini-Parmesan Soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/8/14?? by Mare749 (I made a Stromboli w...)
Marinated some chuck steaks so those will go on the grill along with grilled artichokes with lemon butter and grilled garlic bread. I love these couple of warm days we're having.