Another Kitchen Toy!
  Re: (...)
(Yes - I'm trying to downsize.....) And, is it ever perfect for 2 people.

Split Decision Pie Pan

[Image: Apr8TatoLeekQuiche1_zps77ad44c5.jpg]
[Image: Apr8TatoLeekQuiche2_zpsd9d83c38.jpg]

[Image: Apr8TatoLeekQuiche3_zps95b5c5a4.jpg]

And, this quiche is wonderful – I really had my doubts about both of the last two dishes of this menu #25, but both were really good. And, I don’t even really care for quiche.

Here’s the recipe if anyone is interested.

Potato, Leek and Goat Cheese Quiche
Dinner’s Ready Cookbook

3 leeks
1 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups (leftover) Anchovy Mashed Potatoes
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
5 oz. Chevre cheese
1 ready-to-bake 9-inch pie shell
2 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 450°

Split the leeks length-wise, and wash. Chop the leeks.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the leeks until softened, about 3 minutes.

Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Set aside

Beat the leeks into the potatoes. Beat in the eggs and milk until thoroughly incorporated.

Break the goat cheese into small pieces and fold into the potato mixture. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.

Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan. Reduce the oven temp. to 375° and bake the quiche for 35 to 40 minutes or until set and browned. Makes 4 servings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Another Kitchen Toy! by cjs ((Yes - I'm trying to...)
That looks like fun, Jean. Wasn't it Erin who got an individual pie maker? I thought that looked like a fun gadget, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Another Kitchen Toy! by Mare749 (That looks like fun,...)
Yes, it was Erin - I looked for her product, but they weren't being offered at that time. Both are good ideas to be able to enjoy pies, without pigging out or giving half away... (poor neighbors)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Another Kitchen Toy! by cjs (Yes, it was Erin - I...)
What a cool pan! And the quiche looks and sounds super good! Thanks for sharing both!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Another Kitchen Toy! by Gourmet_Mom (What a cool pan! An...)
That sure looks great! I have seen those pans before and thought "How cool! You can make two different pies!"

Never thought of using just one side
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura