Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finally get to take advantage of grilling weather - grilling steaks and splittng a piece of halibut & fries from Monday's lunch out. easy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are planning to grill/smoke some chicken tonight. Can't wait! Steamed broccoli and rice on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by Mare749 (We are planning to g...)
Roasted some drumsticks for Tony and me, a bone-in breast for Michael. Steamed broccoli on the side and I'm not sure what else. I bought a pouch of Marie Callendar's cheese biscuits (think they are competing with the Red Lobster biscuit mix). I might make those. Though I need cheese biscuits like I need a hole in the head.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by Trixxee (Roasted some drumsti...)
Pizza for us tonight. I hope my dough thaws!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by Trixxee (Roasted some drumsti...)
Let me know how you like those biscuits. I use bisquick and put the cheese and Old Bay seasoning in them. They are good. But not exactly like Red lobster.

Our new grill is coming this week! Yay! I hope it doesn't snow anymore.

Today I made a double batch of Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti. And I am in the process of making Golden Oreo Peanut Butter Bars.

[Image: Golden-Oreo-Peanut-Butter-Bars-410x273.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by luvnit (Let me know how you ...)
More details on the grill and p.buttre bars please.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by cjs (More details on the ...)
I will Laura, though I've never had a Red Lobster biscuit so won't really be able to compare. But I will be able to report back if they are good though!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by Trixxee (I will Laura, though...)
Oh my gosh, these Golden Oreo Peanut Butter Bars are so easy and so good.

Here is a link to the recipe: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts...tter-bars/

Jean, the grill... we are just replacing our very large propane grill after about 8-9 years. We have already replaced the insides twice. Just wanted a new one. We are getting a smaller propane Weber. The feature that I like is the center grate is criss-crossed for perfect grill marks on your meat! Cast iron grates too. I hope we will like it. I plan to make steaks on it tomorrow

New deck furniture too! Here is a pic. We also purchased the cushioned ottomans that go with the chairs (for relaxing and extra seating).

[Image: 41L3JJL0mIL.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by luvnit (Oh my gosh, these [b...)
Oh what a great coutyard - very pretty and very inviting.

I had to replace my grill 2 or 3 years ago and I can't believe I still don't like it as well as what I replaced. I knew the old one so well.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/9/14? by cjs (Oh what a great cout...)
That's not my patio... We are not that 'green' here yet. We just shoveled the deck the other day.

The furniture gets here on Friday or Monday.
Laura