T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14??
  Re: (...)
Another week behind us - what's on the menu for everyone today?

Somehow I've ended up with lots of dibs & dabs of 'stuff' so think I'll make an enchilada-like casserole.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by cjs (Another week behind ...)
I'm going to do a seafood pizza tonight. Just haven't decided between white sauce or creole. I have shrimp, scallops and clams.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by Mare749 (I'm going to do a se...)
I like your idea better than mine, Maryann. If I didn't have tortillas I want to get rid of, I'd go with pizza. The tortillas are little ones, so don't want to go pizza with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by cjs (I like your idea bet...)
We are going to a little local place called Linx Artisan Sausages. Why? Because on Monday Michael's monthly lunch outing with his speech therapist and other kids are going here. We're going to see if we can't find the plainest of the plain hot dog for him. I'll be ordering something fancy. LOL. I hear their belgian fries are good. They also are supposed to have a nice selection of craft beer and wines.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by Trixxee (We are going to a li...)
Grilling burgers tonight
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by DFen911 (Grilling burgers ton...)
Didn't have any pizza dough ready so I picked up two slices of pepperoni at Wegmans for Hubby. I found a Chinese/Sushi Bar restaurant near where Hubby works and he's picking up takeout for me. The place in town changed chefs and it's not the same anymore.

So tonight I'm going to give Thai Chicken a try. I've never had it before but I looked up a couple recipes and it doesn't sound like it's going to put my hair on fire. Their Wonton soup is really good and the Crab Rangoons were very tasty, too - not just all cream cheese.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by BarbaraS (Didn't have any pizz...)
Strawberry cheesecake pancakes with a side of bacon.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by losblanos1 (Strawberry cheesecak...)
Trixxee, you are such a good mommy!!!!

I'm polishing off leftovers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, you are suc...)
Awww, thank you Daphne! I'm just afraid he's going to get overwhelmed with this menu. If nothing appeals here they can also order from Wahoo's (fish taco mexican joint that shares a patio with Linx). But even there, he'll just order the white rice minus the black beans, or fries. Oh well, the food is not important - it's the social interaction that is.

http://linxdogs.com/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, you are suc...)
Steak, asparagus, Guimi's Butter Rouille, ciabatta rolls, baked potatoes.

That sauce is really good on EVERYTHING!!!
[Image: 10157172_10202355437380433_5611000994353670095_n.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura