Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We've go so much going on that I chose another week's menu from "Dinner's Ready." Today grilled ribs, Black-eyed peas and leeks, and broccoli with spiced apple cider sauce. Having this all planned out sure saves a lot of time and energy!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not only saves time and energy, but also money I'll bet.

Today is a bucket list dinner, we're making fresh pasta. I received a pasta machine for Christmas so I better make use of it. Dinner will be mushroom-cheese ravioli with gorgonzola sauce.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by losblanos1 (Not only saves time ...)
Wow, sounds delicious, Blane. You are more ambitious than I am. I have owned a pasta machine for years and have only made ravioli once. Mine did not turn out well because I didn't roll the pasta thin enough. Really should try it again. We do love it for spaghetti, lasagna, etc.

Dinner tonight will be at Holly's for Abby's birthday party. I think she was making up party trays.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by Mare749 (Wow, sounds deliciou...)
Yes, it does save money, Blane!!

I didn't make pasta one time this winter....

Happy Birthday to to one of the young chefs, Abby!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by cjs (Yes, it does save mo...)
I miss making pasta! It is so much better than boxed!

Happy Birthday, Abby!

I'm not sure about dinner. The grouch is doing taxes today, so I have escaped to the deck on this glorious spring day! But there are papers to grade....so far behind!!!! I'll be thinking about dinner later. Most likely something simple on the grill so we can celebrate this lovely day and the completion of taxes and school work! Hopefully!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I miss making pasta!...)
Good luck Blane. That is an undertaking for me.

We are doing Michael's birthday dinner today - honey baked ham ($59 - ouch), sinful potatoes, coleslaw and a 3-berry salad. My mom is bringing spinach dip, sister is bringing shrimp cocktails. And we're having Baskin Robbins ice cream cake for dessert (another $$ ouch) - Michael picked out gold medal ribbon ice cream with white cake.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I miss making pasta!...)
My grouch is doing taxes as well. But I will lift his spirits with his fave meal - baked Macs n Cheese with kielbasa instead of hot dogs.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by BarbaraS (My grouch is doing t...)
Taxes for me tomorrow. Can't wait to get it done!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by luvnit (Taxes for me tomorro...)
Escaping to the deck has not been far enough...got suckered into doing totals for stuff! OIY! Escaping now to the store! LOL!

I decided on a Saveur recipe I found for Grapefruit-Sugar Rubbed Pork Tenderloin since I picked up a pack on special last week.. We'll have roasted or stir fried veggies and lemony brown rice on the side. I'll do it on the grill instead of the oven and reduce the time. I agree with the reviews that 45 minutes is WAY too long for tenderloin!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 4/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Escaping to the deck...)
So I semi screwed this up. Since I know how to supreme a grapefruit, I didn't click on the link which instructs you to save the juice for another use. Too late. So I strained the stuff. Luckily, I had plenty of chunks to make a nice purée, but now part of my sugar and spices are in the juice. I've got it reducing, but now for the dilemma....do I add the syrup to the purée, which I won't be able to baste with, or baste with the syrup. There is plenty of paste. I'm thinking basting.
Daphne