Tuesday's Dinner, 4/15/14??
  Re: (...)
Tax day and hope it's all behind us for another year! What's on the menu for today??

I'm doing some steamed clams and 18-hour flatbread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 4/15/14?? by cjs (Tax day and hope it'...)
I'm making pineapple teriyaki boneless chicken thighs in the crock pot. Steamed rice and carrots and/or broccoli on the side. Have to see if my broccoli is still fresh enough.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinne, 4/15/14?? by Trixxee (I'm making pineapple...)
Conchinita Pibil (sp???). We didn't have orange juice, but we did have orange marmalade, so he doctored the whole thing up. I've never had it, so am looking forward to it. The marinade tasted fabulous.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinne, 4/15/14?? by Lorraine (Conchinita Pibil (sp...)
Quote:

Conchinita Pibil (sp???). We didn't have orange juice, but we did have orange marmalade, so he doctored the whole thing up. I've never had it, so am looking forward to it. The marinade tasted fabulous.

I had to google this. It sounds delicious! I'll have to try it soon.

We're having the Chicken Marengo from C@H #83. I'm using grits instead of polenta for the side dish, 'cuz that's what I have. Is there really any difference do you think?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinne, 4/15/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Everybody's dinner sounds great!

I lost my chef for the night so I am making a Tex-Mex Lasagna. I have no corn tortillas so I have to make them from scratch.

Which is only a problem because I am up to my eyeballs in orders... putting in 10-12 hours a day lately. Not complaining, very happy about it. Hubby's been cooking a lot. On the weekends he brings me breakfast, lunch, and dinner. During the week he brings me my coffee in the morning and cooks at night. What a great guy
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinne, 4/15/14?? by luvnit (Everybody's dinner s...)
Another day of fantastic meals, everything sounds so good.

I'm making a new recipe tonight, mushroom ragu with homemade pasta, either pappardelle or fettuccine.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinne, 4/15/14?? by luvnit (Everybody's dinner s...)
Karyn, I think polenta has a stronger corn flavor and has a smoother texture? I love them both and switch them out often since I can only find polenta when I shop in the city.

Congrats on all the orders, Laura! And the wonderful hubby!!!!

Report cards went out, State Writing Test for Seventh Grade assessed, seeing the end of the tunnel on stacks of neglected papers to grade, came up with a plan to minimize work to assess all the essay papers they've been writing, taxes done Saturday, and the one night this week we don't have a planned church event! WHEW! Will Spring Break EVER get here?!?!?!?!

We're having Chicken Piccatta with brown rice angel hair pasta and green beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinne, 4/15/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, I think polen...)
All of you are wearing me out!!! This was a very interesting dinner thread!!

I'm still as impressed with Maryann's 18-hour focaccia today as I was the last time I made it. Absolutely wonderful!!! Had it with Wok-steamed Pepper Clams. The clams were very good (clams, after all!), but I prefer my old beer/wine/garlic/butter/etc. broth for them.

Thanks again for showing us how to do this, Maryann. Mine was a little thicker than I wanted, I'll smoosh it out a little more next time.
[Image: Apr1518-hourFocaccia2_zps16a5170b.jpg]
Have enough leftover to make a little clam linguini!!
[Image: Apr15Wok-SteamedClamsplated_zps5f87f3f3.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinne, 4/15/14?? by cjs (All of you are weari...)
Oh that looks so good, Jean. I don't think there is really any right or wrong way to do it, just what you prefer that day.

I made an old recipe tonight for French Onion Beef. Real comfort food. We needed it today as we woke up to snow again!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."