Labs, Laura, Alina, etal
  Re: (...)
O.K. Labs. Laura and Alina, this is exactly why I don’t delve into researching cooking subjects/methods too deeply! Can any bread/pizza dough be better than those that are hand-made??? Evidently – darn, I wish I’d never seen this because I was perfectly happy and enjoyed the hand method.

J. Kenji Lopez-Alt writes for Serious Eats on Pizza – I do like his blogs on this subject, but…

His opinion on hand kneading:
"Sure, you can knead by hand. But you actually get worse results doing it because it promotes oxidation. You'll get better flavor out of more efficient methods (Like a stand mixer or food processor) or methods that have less exposure to oxygen (like no-knead).

You can certainly knead by hand, but of the four methods, it's the most difficult and produces the least consistent and tasty results."

-----
Piddle – so, I’ll give my dough recipes a try using the K.A and processor and see if I can tell a difference.

I'm just kidding you all, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by cjs (O.K. Labs. Laura and...)
Haha I'm ahead of the game then because I've been doing my dough in my KA for the last 4 years

The only thing you have to watch for is the bowl popping off. So now I can stay right by it jic.
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by DFen911 (Haha I'm ahead of th...)
See, Denise, even when you don't know what you're doing...you know what you're doing!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by cjs (See, Denise, even wh...)
I second what Denise said, KA all the way. Perfectly kneaded dough(and less work).
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by losblanos1 (I second what Denise...)
I am not a hand kneader so I always make doughs either on the KA or the Cuisinart depending on the dough. I tend to follow Kenji's advice. His dishes are always among my faves. Speaking of Kenji, one of his last dishes for CI was Chicken Canzaneze one of the best chicken thighs I've ever eaten.
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by Cubangirl (I am not a hand knea...)
I usually do my pizza dough in the food processor. I just don't have the space for hand kneading. If I have the KA inside I'll use that
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by Harborwitch (I usually do my pizz...)
I know, I know... You can research just as easily and probably find just the opposite advice on the internet.

My preferred method is still the Bread Machine - Dough setting. I have never been disappointed. I just don't have the 'touch' to do dough by hand, or the patience.

I will try the food processor though and compare
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by luvnit (I know, I know... Yo...)
K.A., processor and bread machine is all I ever used to do.

It's only been since I'm mostly retired that I take the time to do hand-made doughs and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed doing it.

If I can't tell a huge difference, I'm sticking with it, that's for sure.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by cjs (K.A., processor and ...)
Jane has always used her KA. Never had a problem. I think it is her favorite appliance.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Labs, Laura, Alina, etal by Old Bay (Jane has always used...)
It's mine, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.