What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?!
  Re: (...)
Had leftover Beef Stroganoff for breakfast. Yum!!!

So... for dinner we are going to make Bette's Buttermilk Pancakes, Crispy Baked Bacon, Fluffy Scrambled Eggs .

I love breakfast for dinner
  Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by luvnit (Had leftover Beef St...)
Sounds good! We are just having leftover chicken noodle soup and some garlic toast. I'm looking forward to minimal dishes.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by Trixxee (Sounds good! We are...)
I do too, Laura and your weather calls for it this week, that's for sure.

We're having pizza, but not sure what toppings yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by cjs (I do too, Laura and ...)
I like what you did there Laura, dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner.

I'm making cajun rubbed filets with shrimp remoulade and a side of fries.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by losblanos1 (I like what you did ...)
No meat here today. Butternut squash soup, fried fish, mac and cheese and stewed tomatoes.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by Lorraine (No meat here today. ...)
No meat here as well. We'll have baked cod, fried rice and asparagus. It has been so good lately that we have been eating it a couple times a week. Price is back up to $2.49, but a few weeks back we were buying it at 99 cents a lb!

Forgot to add: Also making Italian cookies with an egg in the middle...

http://www.food.com/recipe/italian-easte...ova-218686

Tomorrow, I will be making 2 loaves of Easter Bread and a bunny cake for the kiddies.

Sorry, no pics. What is everyone using these days to upload pictures?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by Mare749 (No meat here as well...)
I'm still with photobucket...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by cjs (I'm still with photo...)
Still photobucket for me too.

Otherwise I use the image URL from Facebook if I posted a pic to my FB page, then it's quicker.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by luvnit (Still photobucket fo...)
Tonight it's Chicago-style deep dish pizza with salad on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Good Friday 2014?! by karyn (Tonight it's Chicago...)
Well now, didn't we have a great fast dinner!! Had pizza dough thawed out - this is the 3rd day for it and didn't want to go any further, but not feeling the least bit creative.

I have Jacques Pepin's book "The Short-Cut Cook" but have not made anything from it. He has an easy simple pizza, "Pizza Maison" that I made and the simplicity of it made it just wonderful.

Here's my post from facebook -
"I have Jacque Pepin’s, “The Short-Cut Cook” but have never made anything from it until today. Had pizza dough to use up, but not feeling very creative. His Pizza Maison is such a simple easy pizza to put together, but the flavor belies the simplicity of the dish.
Sliced tomatoes, thin garlic slices, herbes de Provence, salt/pepper, mozz (I used 1/2 provolone) and red pepper flakes. How simple and easy is that? Pingo Grigio and Ravenswood Zin both went well with it."

[Image: Apr18PepinsPizzaMaison_zpsd2c83838.jpg]
and, yesterday another great leftover using up the clams from out steam pepper clams - a Clam Pasta Torte

Again, from facebook -
"Used the clams from the other night in a Clam Pasta Torte and it was a wonderful blend of flavors. A layer of cooked pasta mixed with an egg & herbs topped with tomato slices, sautéed onions/garlic, clams, Romano cheese and Jalapeno slices. Lots of ground black pepper over all. What an easy fix for leftovers."

[Image: Apr17LOClamfritatta_zpsd8b9a982.jpg]
Forgot to mention tho, I tossed the clams with a little pesto before adding to the torte. Really tasty.
www.achefsjourney.com