Best pork loin roast ever!
  Re: (...)
I have to share the recipe we tried today. Actually, it was the method we used with my preferred rub which acted like a brine to produce a very moist and juicy pork loin with a nice crust. After rubbing with olive oil and rub, we sealed the roast back in the food saver bag to rest overnight in the fridge. It really made a difference and we didn't have to mix up a liquid brine.
-------------------------------------------

Rubbed and Grilled Pork Loin

4-5 pound New York (top loin) pork roast, boneless
1 tsp olive oil
Dry Rub Seasoning:
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp onion salt
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander

1. Place boneless pork loin on large cutting board or platter; brush oil over all sides. Set aside. Meanwhile, stir together dry rub seasoning. Rub over pork to cover. Prepare charcoal grill to cook over direct and indirect heat. Place pork loin over medium-hot coals (direct heat) or on medium-hot (about 400 degrees F.) gas grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side to brown. Move pork to area on grill over indirect heat. Cook, covered for 70-90 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from heat; let rest 10 minutes.

2. On gas grill, move pork to one side of grill; turn off the gas directly under the pork. Leave the rest of the grill on medium heat. Cook, covered for 70 to 90 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from heat; let rest about 10 minutes.

3. Serve with your favorite sauce.

Servings: 10

Author: Recipe by Chef Chris Lilly
-------------------------------------

While Ron was starting the lump charcoal on one grill, he seared the pork loin on all sides on the gas grill. Then, he put the pork on the charcoal grill indirect and added some hickory chips to the coals. He adjusted the vents to get the temp to about 400° After about an hour and 15 min. he checked the temp and removed the roast from the grill. We tented it and let it set for more than 30 min. because we were not ready for dinner yet.

When he sliced it for plating, it was pure perfection! This is an easy and quick way to cook for crowd with amazing results. Everyone was raving about this meal. I'm just sorry we were so disorganized today that we forgot to take a picture of it!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Best pork loin roast ever! by Mare749 (I have to share the ...)
Shame on you! No pictures?!?! LOL! It sounds wonderful, Maryann! Copied and saved!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Best pork loin roast ever! by Gourmet_Mom (Shame on you! No pi...)
I know! You just wouldn't believe how discombobbled I was today! I was screwing up things right and left. And, the thing is, I thought we were so organized when we started. But, as it happens sometimes, things went wrong.

First, I undercooked the eggs for deviled eggs, so the yolks were gummy and the eggs were so hard to peel for some reason. I ended up throwing them out. Then, I had put 4 lbs. of potatoes in the crockpot for scalloped potatoes and forgot to plug it in. So, right before dinner, Ron was running up to the grocery store to BUY potato salad! It wasn't too bad. Everything else turned out fine.
The strawberry crepes were a hit.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Best pork loin roast ever! by Mare749 (I know! You just wo...)
I HATE when that happens! Bless your heart! But it looks like the crepes saved the day!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Best pork loin roast ever! by Mare749 (I know! You just wo...)
Oh wow! What a crazy day. I've had days like that too. Well, you survived!

I will have to try your pork recipe /method. I have been wanting to grill a pork loin.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Best pork loin roast ever! by luvnit (Oh wow! What a crazy...)
Sounds good, Maryann! copied here also. Maybe you got all the funbles out of the way in one day - and smooth sailing for a while now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com