Wednesday's Dinner, 4/30/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finishing up the chuck roast & gravy here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/30/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's going to be over 80 degrees today, that makes it grillin weather. Steakhouse burritos with fries.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/39/14?? by losblanos1 (It's going to be ove...)
It's actually too windy and too hot to grill here if you can believe that.

I think I'm going to pick up a rotissiere chicken (our Smart and Final just started carrying them and they are so good). Maybe Stove Top and broccoli with it. Boring, I know, but it might have to do.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/39/14?? by Trixxee (It's actually too wi...)
It's still raining, but at least it's not hot like where Trixxee is. I handle the cold much better than I do when it's hot. Guess I won't be retiring to Florida.

So, spaghetti with turkey meatballs and a tossed salad are on the menu tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/39/14?? by Mare749 (It's still raining, ...)
Well the wind foiled my dinner plans. Got to the store for the rotissiere chicken and apparently they had a short power outage and when the power came back on, the chicken machine wouldn't work. LOL.

So now it's chicken piccata. Always works in a pinch.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/39/14?? by Trixxee (Well the wind foiled...)
Grilling pork chops tonight. Temp will be almost 90 today...wth?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/39/14?? by DFen911 (Grilling pork chops ...)
Wednesday's Dinner, 4/39/14??

April 39, 2014?????????????? Wow Sorry, but no one picked up on it.

Wow, the food today - outstanding!!

Lorraine, I just love this short rib recipe (I used chuck roast) - don't think I'll use another one from now on. Just enough heat to maked it interesting and the flavor - wonderful.

[Image: Apr29LastofLorrainesShortRibs_zpsf5dbd200.jpg]

Finished it up today with pasta and artichokes - by the way - re the discussion on cooking artichokes. By cleaning and halving the chokes, I finally timed then today and they cook in 15 minutes versus anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes for cooking whole ones (depending on size). So, that's why I do it this way.

And, my latest 'not necessary' purchase - I am loving. Roy brought home apricots for fruit platter, but I don't know if anyone else agrees but if cots aren't picked almost overripe, they are really tasteless. So, my handy-dandy little 1/2 pie maker was put into use today and how neat that we'll only have 3 small pieces of pie rather than giving any away or pigging out!!! I love this pan.

[Image: Apr29Apricotpie2_zpsdc65ada4.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 4/30/14?? by cjs (Wednesday's Dinner, ...)
Well...I had nothing planned for dinner, so threw together a skillet pasta and chicken dinner. It was actually pretty good!