Cerignola Olives
  Re: (...)
D@mn Wegmans and their Mediterranean Bar with the huge black Cerignola Olives! I thought I had conquered my addiction to these many decades ago, but they called me back. I actually had too much time on my hands waiting in the deli line at Shop Rite when I spotted those beautiful babes, so I got a container. But they're in an oil at Shop Rite. At Wegmans they're in the brine I used to drink from the can of olives as a kid. Now I can't stop buying them.

So I was looking at purchasing them in bulk online, but I have a few Qs. If I buy them in the multi-pound can and open it, should I refrigerate the uneaten and for how long will they keep?

Barbara<~~~seriously, seriously addicted...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Cerignola Olives by BarbaraS ([url=mailto:D@mn]D@m...)
Sorry Barbara, saw this the other day and meant to come back to it. My guess (guess only) is that refrigerating them after you open them is the way to go and I bet they would keep quite a while in brine or oil.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cerignola Olives by cjs (Sorry Barbara, saw t...)
Thanks Jean, I figured they would keep for a while. I prefer the brine instead of oil. My Hubby's going to think I'm crazy, but this habit is costing bucks at the Olive Bar.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Cerignola Olives by BarbaraS (Thanks Jean, I figur...)
The last time I had Cerignola Olives was in Montreal. He and I ate so many of them, we almost made ourselves ill. I googled how to keep olives, and every site I looked at said to keep the brined ones in the fridge after opening. They said they would keep for 2 weeks, but I'm sure I've kept them longer than that. Enjoy them while you can!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.