Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here yet.

After vacillating whether to make flan for Cinco de Mayo (so soon after an apricot pie)....my neighbor took care of that indecision!!

[Image: May2MargesRhubarbpies_zpsac2bccbc.jpg]

We have nice neighbors - rhubarb and rhubarb & berry pies
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to make a Denver omelet - a first for me. I'm going to add some roasted red pepper, Jarlsberg cheese, diced ham, and some onion. Serve some hash browns and bacon on the side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by BarbaraS (I'm going to make a ...)
Happy Derby Day! (Go California Chrome).

I think we're getting take out from somewhere. I have been constantly craving chinese noodles so maybe we'll do that again, even though we just had it on Tuesday. Or I could go for a blackened chicken burrito as well.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by Trixxee (Happy Derby Day! [i...)
Tonight it's lobster and goat cheese ravioli with lemon cream sauce.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's lobster...)
everyone to Blane's!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by cjs (everyone to Blane's!...)
Oh, that does sound so good! I really need to do some menu planning so we can eat like that. Lately, it seems like we are always just eating on the run.

Tonight we are having burgers and salad. Maybe a french fry or two. It's funny that Trixxee said she is craving Chinese noodles lately. For me, it's been burgers and I have no idea why!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by Mare749 (Oh, that does sound ...)
Well I'm blaming my craving on Blane. His chow mein looked so good the other day. But I know that I will lose my motivation to make my own tonight since I'm sure we will have a few cocktails during the races.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by Mare749 (Oh, that does sound ...)
Grilled steaks, baked potatoes with all the toppings, avocado/tomato salad (again), and grilled asparagus (Hello, Blane!). If I have enough fresh Tarragon, I'll make Bearnaise, if not it will be plain Hollandaise.

Quote:

Trixxee said she is craving Chinese noodles

He made the most incredible meal last week. He marinated cut up chicken in every Asian condiment we have, then made Chinese noodles with cabbage, onion,celery and a sauce.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by Lorraine (Grilled steaks, bake...)
Quote:

He made the most incredible meal last week. He marinated cut up chicken in every Asian condiment we have, then made Chinese noodles with cabbage, onion,celery and a sauce.

Hurray for Asian condiments. And the more cabbage and celery the better.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/3/14?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm dying to make Blane's noodles, too! Blane, will you adopt me?

We had a great time in the city at Team Jake Coastal's first CF 5 K walk! The weather was perfect! The route was nice, also. It was held at Mayfaire Town Center. I was pleased to keep up with my new thinner, walks daily husband!

Anyway, since we were in the city, I decided to pick up some fresh seafood at my favorite market. We're having clams (wish I had thought to get white wine at the grocery store), that I'm just going to steam for appies, grilled Mahi Mahi, and a big salad. YUM!

Sitting back on the deck with a glass of wine in the gorgeous sunshine! Off to turn the tube on to listen for the race! I hope I haven't missed it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.