Sonoran Cookbook
  Re: (...)
While cooking the Gallina Pinta tonight, I browsed through more of the cookbook whose recipe I used.

Wow! There are a LOT of delicious-sounding recipes in there.

I didn't even have to browse very far to encounter "Almond Chicken" - fried chicken with crushed almonds, cinnamon and cloves and a sauce made from tomatoes and orange juice.

There was also "Chicken Stuffed with Chorizo." As good as that sounds, there's more to it: the stuffing is a mixture of fried chorizo with tomatoes, onions, green chiles, potatoes and carrots!

Those sound wonderful, and they are only two of the recipes from the 300-page book!

Definitely need to keep trying new things from this one.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Sonoran Cookbook by labradors (While cooking the [i...)
Is that the name of the book, "Sonoran Cookbook"?? If so, I think I have that one. darn and some are packed....

sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sonoran Cookbook by cjs (Is that the name of ...)
Quote:

Is that the name of the book, "Sonoran Cookbook"?? If so, I think I have that one. darn and some are packed....

sounds good.

The title is Cocina Sonorense. Sonorense means "Sonoran" - that is, "from or of Sonora" and cocina can be translated as "cooking," "cuisine," or "kitchen."

Thus, the English title would be "Sonoran Cooking," "Sonoran Cuisine" or "Sonoran Kitchen."

Since it's actually published by the government of the State of Sonora and is in Spanish, I doubt that it's the same one you have.

The link in my first post is directly to the PDF file of the entire cookbook.

My offer to translate selected recipes (within reason - a few here, a few there, not too many at once) still stands.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?