Mother's Day???? 5/5/14
  Re: (...)
Any plans yet??

I got the same question as every other year...want to go out? No! but don't know what I want to do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by cjs (Any plans yet??[br][...)
We are meeting my mom and my sister's family for an early brunch at 9:30 am Sunday at Marie Callendar's. I'll give my mom some cash as her main gift but need to look for a little something to go with it - a pretty candle maybe.
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by Trixxee (We are meeting my mo...)
That is the first weekend our girls can finally get out to open up their trailer. They offered to come home for dinner, but I told them to stay out there and enjoy their own kids. So, we will be going out for a nice dinner here: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/2.0.0.php with my in-laws.

Our girls will be taking me out for dinner here: http://parallaxtremont.com/menu/appetizers/ on Tuesday evening. I'm really going to have to step up my walking this week!
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by Mare749 (That is the first we...)
Maryann - speaking of walking, do you have a Fit Bit? Tony got me one and ever since I started using it, I've been walking more - challenging myself to try to get to 20,000 steps a day. It tracks your steps, distance walked, calories burned, and it tells time. You sync it up to your computer and it creates activity reports for you. You can add friends who have one to see how they are doing and for motivation.

http://www.target.com/p/fitbit-zip-wirel...amp;term=fitbit
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by Trixxee (Maryann - speaking o...)
No, I don't, but will have to go look at that! I hate to admit it, but my friend and I only walk a little over 7000 steps per day right now when we meet in the morning. I still take Charlie on his afternoon and evening walk, but those are much shorter. With housework and errands I'm lucky to get in 10 to 12,000 steps a day. Don't know that I could do much more than that. I do have a step counter, but would love a new toy! BTW, I do hope that your test last week turned out okay. I've been thinking about you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by Mare749 (No, I don't, but wil...)
Thank you for asking, Maryann. I got the "all clear" letter on Saturday. I'm good for another year. I'll tell you what though, I will never put off having a mammogram again. It was about 20 months since my last one - not going to do that again!
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by Trixxee (Thank you for asking...)
I'm really glad to hear you say that, Trixxee.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by Trixxee (Maryann - speaking o...)
Quote:

Maryann - speaking of walking, do you have a Fit Bit? Tony got me one and ever since I started using it, I've been walking more - challenging myself to try to get to 20,000 steps a day. It tracks your steps, distance walked, calories burned, and it tells time. You sync it up to your computer and it creates activity reports for you. You can add friends who have one to see how they are doing and for motivation.

http://www.target.com/p/fitbit-zip-wirel...amp;term=fitbit

Trixxe, I love my fitbit, but you put me to shame! 20,000 a day? That's terrific!!! My goals is 12,000, but you're inspiring me to up that a bit. I've not connected with anyone yet, but you sound like awesome inspiration!
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I need to check this out! Adding more walking to my day is on my immediate agenda! We could make a team!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mother's Day???? 5/5/14 by Gourmet_Mom (I need to check this...)
Thank you! But who is putting me to shame is our very own Erin. She walks A LOT. It's hard for me to get to 20,000 (though I got to 21,400 the other day) but at a minimum I try for 15,000.

Unfortunately record breaking heat is due to return next week so I will probably have a lackluster walking week.