Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Nothing exciting here - still have leftovers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some leftovers that I should re-purpose. We're going to be on the road running errands today - a quick trip to Idaho to take a friend to pick up his new car. So who knows what we'll do. I got everything to make those Chicken Empanadas - but the service guy won't be here until tomorrow to fix the *&%#$ing oven.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by Harborwitch (I have some leftover...)
Oh no - the oven is broken again?

My friend gave a a whole bunch of avocados from her yard so I'm going to make some guacamole and pick up some marinated carne asada from the mexican market to grill for either tacos or burritos.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by Trixxee (Oh no - the oven is ...)
That sounds so good Trixee.

Yup oven is down . . . the convection fan sounds like it's ready to launch through the side of the oven. The service guy is supposed to have it fixed tomorrow - but I am going after Whirlpool - this whole thing has been a joke.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by Harborwitch (That sounds so good ...)
Left overs here too. Instead of surf and turf we're having flight and turf. have 1/2 a roasted game hen, 1 ribeye steak and some white rice with jalapeƱos and onions. I think it's all gonna put together as a casserole and bake it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by DFen911 (Left overs here too....)
Bistecca sandwich with fries for me.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by losblanos1 (Bistecca sandwich wi...)
Ron wants to grill, so I thawed and cleaned some shrimp and we'll do those for apps. Then, we'll do some wings with a good hot Asian sauce. Grilled asparagus on the side. Yum.

Blane, what's a bistecca sandwich?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by Mare749 (Ron wants to grill, ...)
Maryann, it's also called an Italian steak sandwich, it's a cuisine at home recipe that's in at least two different cookbooks with two different names, this one I'm using today calls it a bistecca. They're sooo delicious!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by losblanos1 (Maryann, it's also c...)
I will find it! Thanks, Blane!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/7/14?? by Mare749 (I will find it! Than...)
Chili dogs here.