Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Karyn, how was your dinner yesterday, it sounded so interesting.

We can choose between burger, beef strips or chicken thighs when we get settled in Wenatchee.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
No idea what's for dinner tonight. Looking for inspiration.

Jean, I'm looking forward to seeing photos when you get there. It must be really beautiful for you to be drawn to that area.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by Mare749 (No idea what's for d...)
Camera and charger - both in purse!! Ready to do.

I watched a taped Chopped (from MOther's Day) last night and one of the Mom's had an interesting combination., she sprinkled cilantro on her spaghetti and meatballs with Parm. And, the judges really like it. Has me thinking, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by cjs (Camera and charger -...)
Safe travels Jean.

I made a meat sauce to go over pasta using chorizo and cilantro was excellent with it.

I am making the jamaican jerk chicken from the Quick and Easy book using drumsticks for me and leg quarters for Tony. (Notice I didn't mention Michael - he wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole). Along with pineapple salsa, white rice and black beans.
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

Karyn, how was your dinner yesterday, it sounded so interesting.

The burger was really good, and I'm glad that there was enough ketchup left over for another round. However, I have other burger recipes that I crave, so I don't know how often we will repeat this. The date ketchup was really good, and would probably be delicious used as a glaze for chicken or pork.

Tonight we're having chicken breasts marinated in a lemon-parsley sauce. I have some small potatoes to use up, so I'll probably grill those alongside the chicken and serve it with grilled broccolini.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Have a great and safe trip Jean and stay cool, it's in the 80's over there.

Burger and fries for dinner tonight.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by losblanos1 (Have a great and saf...)
Be safe, Jean and Roy! Can't wait to see pics!

Tonight I'm grilling chicken tenderloins for a Buffalo Chicken Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by losblanos1 (Have a great and saf...)
Yes, it is Blane and love every minute of it!! Our hamburger joint across the street has been sold, Tom, [censored] & Harry's - and now it is called Biker's .....something. All around here say the joint is better food, so we'll go try it out pretty soon.

I'm making that Ketchup, Karyn - it just intriques me!

OH! For God's sake, they censored "Tom, D-i-c-k and Harry"?????????????????? One of the forums I was on blanked out where I lived 'Straits of Juan de Fuca' - hmmmm, lets' see what happens here.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 5/21/14?? by cjs (Yes, it is Blane and...)
Quote:

vOH! For God's sake, they censored "Tome, D-i-c-k and Harry"?????????????????? One of the forums I was on blanked out where I lived 'Straits of Juan de Fuca' - hmmmm, lets' see what happens here.

OMG!! Too funny! Apparently Fuca is okay in this part of the world as long as you don't get too specific!