Father's Day Plans: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs....
  Re: (...)
Spiral cut hot dogs and homemade buns! I have got to try this. I love the reason for the spiral cut: More nooks and crannies for the toppings, more surface area to crisp on the grill, dogs always fit the bun...

VIDEO: How to spiral cut a hot dog [Image: Hot+Dog+Buns+WM+TS+029.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Father's Day Plans: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by luvnit (Spiral cut hot dogs ...)
KEWL!!!
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by BarbaraS (KEWL!!![br] [img]/ub...)
I've seen those, but have not done them. yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by cjs (I've seen those, but...)
This looks like a great Father's Day idea! On Father's Day I planned a trip to an old fashioned 'sausage house' in very rural Minnesota. An iconic place around here. And breakfast at a country cafe.
Laura
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by luvnit (This looks like a gr...)
Very cool!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by Gourmet_Mom (Very cool!...)
That is a great idea! And I am drooling at the buns in the background. I cannot find a bakery that makes fresh hot dog buns and I don't like mass produced ones but I find if I put a little butter on them and put them in the toaster oven (versus the grill) it makes them a little more palatable.
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by Trixxee (That is a great idea...)
Actually, this whole article started with those buns! Those are fresh, homemade hotdog buns (which I will try to make also) Here is a link to the actual article.

Homemade Hotdog Buns and Spiral Hot Dogs

[Image: Hot+Dog+Buns+018.jpg]

[Image: Hot+Dog+Buns+WM+034.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by luvnit (Actually, this whole...)
Oh i love A Feast For The Eyes....she uses a lot of C @ H recipes on her blog.
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by Trixxee (Oh i love A Feast Fo...)
I made a half batch of these buns yesterday, but had to improvise. I only had regular yeast, so couldn't get them done in the time she was expounding over. And, wanting to have an even amount, I made 4 bigger than they should have been. Next time I'll make them smaller (used ~4 oz. dough for each). But, they do have great flavor.

We got side-tracked about dinner time and just slapped the dog in the bun for dinner, so picture is ridiculous, but it was nice to have a bun the length of Costco dogs.

[Image: May26HotDogBuns_zpsd14b57f9.jpg]

[Image: May26MemorialDayHotDog_zps7d55e19a.jpg]

I'll make these again, that's for sure. And, it looks like a blog that I ought browse thru.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Spiral Cut Hot Dogs.... by cjs (I made a half batch ...)
Thank you Laura! This is going to be Derek's Birthday dinner in June. He loves hotdogs.