Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for the last day of May...Wow, how fast this one went.

We're having a pizza brunch - not sure yet on all the toppings. But, I do know I want to repeat the curry pizza I made a long time ago (soon). Laura has me wanting it again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
CA is making the personal southwestern chicken pies from issue #104.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by losblanos1 (CA is making the per...)
No idea. We're going out to play, so will probably just get something while we are out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by Mare749 (No idea. We're going...)
Gotta give this some thought.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Gotta give this some...)
Pulled some porterhouses from the freezer. Never did make au gratin potatoes the other day so will make those and some broccoli.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by Mare749 (No idea. We're going...)
I think chicken fried steak with mustard gravy, mashed potatoes, and a salad.

Bob is running the kitchen at the restaurant today! Chef Roberto, as we are calling him! He's going to be Tonya's fill in cook for the Summer. (I'll be working too, in the Pro Shop, so I can help him if he needs it and he'll have a waitress/bartender (a real "witch", but that's another story) I think I should pamper him a bit tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by Harborwitch (I think chicken frie...)
I never got around to making the Buffalo Chicken Salad last weekend, so I'm just going to make that for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I never got around t...)
After another killer week at work, something simple to unwind with. Ribeyes, potato for him, Florida white corn for me, a couple baby portabellas with cheese, and a side salad.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by BarbaraS (After another killer...)
We screwed up, had to run to the store - saw a Guy Fieri frozen pizza - sounded good . . . blech! Shoulda stuck to the plan . . . especially since we forgot the 2 most important things we went to the store for - benadryl and peanut oil
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/31/14?? by Harborwitch (We screwed up, had t...)
Wow, this will be a new experience for Bob, Sharon! How ofren will he be in the kitchen each week??

Made a nice veggie pizza yesterday with leftover grilled veggies and sliced hard-cooked egg. I really like that addition.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com