Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We are in day 5 of 45 days left, so the freezer cleaning really begins!! I think I'd like shrimp with some coconut rice....

5 of 45
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
An assortment of leftovers - rotini for Michael, norwegian meatballs and mashed potatoes for me, lo mein and egg foo yung (which was horrible - I've made it exactly twice in my life and it was 10 times better) for Tony.

Also have a ton of watermelon to gobble.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by Trixxee (An assortment of lef...)
A friend from my gardening group gave me 4 beautiful trout he caught. So tonight I'm gonna try and fry em up.

What would be a good side dish?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by DFen911 (A friend from my gar...)
morning, noon or night - I'd have fried potatoes with gobs of onions and garlic!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by cjs (morning, noon or nig...)
Coleslaw would be nice too.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by Trixxee (Coleslaw would be ni...)
I think fried potatoes AND coleslaw sounds like the ticket!

We're having Asian Pork Tenderloin with Asian Noodle Salad from C@H #22. The only modification I'm making is to reduce the amount of chili garlic sauce. My notes say it was really hot with 2T of the stuff. 1T is much more to my taste...
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by karyn (I think fried potato...)
I would feed the trout to ranch kitty and replace it with Copper River salmon. I have bad memories from my childhood about trout.

Today I'm grilling up some Carolina skewer-cues
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by losblanos1 (I would feed the tro...)
Screw the kitty Blane, feed it to me! Next to catfish, trout are my favorite - even over salmon. (can you believe a native saying that???? )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by losblanos1 (I would feed the tro...)
I love trout! And the potato and coleslaw recommendations are perfect!

Short memory story...When we were in college in the mountains, we'd get word when they were stocking the streams on the Blueridge Parkway, and William would grab me and his fly rod and head out there! We'd clean them and grill them right there at the park! Those are some great memories!

Steak night here!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/5/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I love trout! And t...)
I liked it also, but Ron hated all the bones. Is there any easy method for getting rid of the bones? Or do you just have to eat it very carefully?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."