Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing
  Re: (...)
This is an old one, but because we've (my mom and I) always called it roquefort dressing, it's hard to find when looking for blue instead. So, I'll post it with all the spellings/names and maybe it will be easier to find.

Thanks Theresa for wanting it! I need to make it again also.

From a Chef's Journey...Home, page 52

Mom’s Roquefort Dressing

3-4 oz. pkg. Roquefort cheese (you can use a good Bleu if Roquefort not available)
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 heaping T. mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. onion, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
3 drop Tabasco
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste

On a dinner plate with an edge or a very shallow dish, smash the cheese with a fork.

Add the buttermilk, one tablespoon at a time, combining with the fork. Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing after each addition. Combine all together, but keep the beautiful lumps of cheese intact.

CJ’s Tip: Don’t be tempted to use a processor, blender, mixer or any mechanical device; you’ll ruin the beautiful texture of the dressing.

Mom always made her dressing in a large dinner plate that had a little depth to it – so, I have one dinner plate just like that ~ it doesn’t match anything in the house, but I keep it just for this dressing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing by cjs (This is an old one, ...)
This is a wonderful dressing and HEED THE WARNING... I did try to use a small food processor, it DOES ruin the dressing. Don't know why, but it does.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing by luvnit (This is a wonderful ...)
ALWAYS use a fork for this!!!!!! It is so awesome! Working, I use Ken's Steakhouse with added blue cheese, but when I want a special meal, this is my go to dressing.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing by Gourmet_Mom (ALWAYS use a fork fo...)
We love it lumpy! Jean, we have made this one several times and love it using Gorgonzola dulce. I love to chewe the lumps. Love this recipe!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing by Old Bay (We love it lumpy! J...)
This is the best! We LOVE it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing by Harborwitch (This is the best! W...)
That little redhead would be so proud.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Roquefort or Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing by cjs (That little redhead ...)
This sounds fantastic. I LOVE a good roquefort/garlic dressing. Will have to make this this summer for sure.