Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Using up 1 of 2 pork shoulder roasts (that I can't make sausage out of ) for C@H's Mexican Braised Pork Shoulder with Salsa verde and roasted sweet potatoes. from issue #? - Feb. '08
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony won't be home so I'll probably just saute boneless chicken and make a baked potato.

Michael is under the weather and will probably just have soup or cereal.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by Trixxee (Tony won't be home s...)
It's a small world, Jean I have that issue (67) with me here at work. We ended up having burgers last night, so I'll make the glazed pork tonight.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by losblanos1 (It's a small world, ...)
Thinking about making a standard pizza tonight. Anything that keeps me indoors. Pollen counts are off the charts up here and I'm not going outside unless the house catches fire.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by DFen911 (Thinking about makin...)
BITE YOUR TONGUE, DENISE!!!!

Blane, if you haven't tried this one, you might think about it - this house smells amazing!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by cjs (BITE YOUR TONGUE, DE...)
I changed my mind after looking at Blane's burgers last night. I'm making myself a burger.
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight's dinner is the Tangy-Sweet Plum-Spiced Chicken from Noble Pig's blog. I won't serve it over rice because Hubby hates rice.

Saturday I want to make the Vietnamese-Style Beef with Garlic Sauce, but I can't serve it over rice, again. Can anyone suggest a type of noodle (other than pasta) that I could serve it with?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by Trixxee (I changed my mind af...)
Jean, are you using banana leaves? I was going to make this a while back, but I couldn't find the leaves. The new Asian market down the street has them so I guess I'd better get this on the menu. Thanks for the reminder.

Trixxee, I changed my mind also, we're having old school tacos and don't forget the tots.

ETA: Barbara, maybe rice noodles?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by losblanos1 (Jean, are you using ...)
No, didn't have banana leaves, but used 2 sheets of parchment paper to enclose the roast, veggie, etal and it worked perfectly. This is a wondefully flavored dish - all the components just work!! darn, wish I could figure out how to post pictures without going thru photoshop, but haven't had time to practice. I did post pix on facebook tho.

One thing I did tho, 'cause I'm a wuss, I used the amount of cayenne the recipe called for, but added 1 tsp. sugar to help with the heat. Worked great for us.

Barbara - does your husbnd care for any kind of grain? Quinoa, couscous or even orzo. What about mashed/baked russets or sweet potatoes (yes, sweet potatoes) mashed or roasted - how good that would be.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/10/14?? by cjs (No, didn't have bana...)
I hope you don't mind Jean, this looks too delicious to not share and by the way, what's wrong with Photobucket?

[Image: JeansPork_zpsde360c0b.jpg]