Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

Since I can't put l/os in the freezer any longer, have to eat this braised pork until it's gone, we're sick of it, or it's no good!! Today will be pizza, I think.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, have you tried the recipe for pork and pappardelle pasta yet? The pork would be great in that.

We have a 90% chance of rain all day and I'm babysitting Alyssa and Tommy. So, decided to put a venison roast in the crockpot with mushrooms, onions, and brown gravy. We will have that with mashed potatoes and frozen peas.

I will let the kiddies bake some cookies. Ron is going to be a happy camper.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by Mare749 (Jean, have you tried...)
"Jean, have you tried the recipe for pork and pappardelle pasta yet?"

No, I haven't - and it is where?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by cjs ("Jean, have you trie...)
Another burger for me. Just need to pick up a fresh roll.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by Trixxee (Another burger for m...)
Tonight I'm making the glazed pork tenderloin with peach BBQ sauce or a burger.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by losblanos1 (Tonight I'm making t...)
Today is an off day for Bob and I. Tonight is going to be egg roll night.

Pizza egg rolls, crab rangoon, "Duck Sticks" with smoked duck. I think I'll do something with some asparagus.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by Harborwitch (Today is an off day ...)
Grilled thick cut pork chops with a peach balsamic reduction glaze. Not sure what else yet.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by DFen911 (Grilled thick cut po...)
Well, I don't feel so overwhelmed now that I've divided up the l/o braised pork.

Today we'll have Maryann's idea for the Pappardelle dish and a little cracker pizza later.

[Image: June11UsesforBraisedPork_zpse5e644d8.jpg]

Also, one more meal repeatng the original and some left for sandwich filling (and, that I can freeze for the trailer).
Whew.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by cjs (Well, I don't feel s...)
Way to break it down Jean - crispy "carnitas" tacos would be wonderful too!

I just got the filling for the "duck sticks" done - yummy flavors. Bob just picked a big bowl of strawberries - maybe a sundae with double chocolate gellato. Hmmm. will see how the back holds up - lots of prep today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/11/14?? by Harborwitch (Way to break it down...)
French Dip sammies from a local pub. Heaven!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.