Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!!
  Re: (...)
What's everyone doing for dear ole dad this year??

Just remnded Roy Richard that he needs to get his dinner order in......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by cjs (What's everyone doin...)
I bought a pork shoulder to go into the smoker since the whole family will be here. We will have coleslaw, of course, and some good rolls/buns. The girls will bring sides and I'm planning to make a lemon torte dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by Mare749 (I bought a pork shou...)
Depending on baby alert, I may do pizzas. After this week, William will only have two more days and will finally be home for good! YAY!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by Gourmet_Mom (Depending on baby al...)
Oh Daphne, finally - what a relief to have him home. Bless his heart, what he's been thru lately. Give him a hug from us, please!! (and just think before the year is out I can hug him my own self!!!) And....see all these grandbabies!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by cjs (Oh Daphne, finally -...)
Daphne, that's great news about William! Hug him for us, too!

Keep us posted on the baby news!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by Mare749 (Daphne, that's great...)
Daphne that is just great news! I am sure that he and you both are so ready to have these treatments over.

Derek wants hotdogs so gonna do those homemade buns and spiral dogs that Laura posted.
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by DFen911 (Daphne that is just ...)
How funny, Denise - I think Roy is leaning towards hot dogs also!! His has to have sauerkraut.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by cjs (How funny, Denise - ...)
Daphne that is FANTASTIC news!! I hope all goes well in the homecoming.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by cjs (How funny, Denise - ...)
I can't wait, Jean!!!!

Thanks everybody! It has been a very difficult time. We have been so lucky that Andrew has caught on to running the survey crew! Having him here has been a true blessing!!! And having this grand baby right across the street is going to be awesome!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Father's Day is Sunday, 6/15/14!! by Gourmet_Mom (I can't wait, Jean!!...)
Daphne, William home and a beautiful grandbaby on the way...despite all of the challenges you've faced it is wonderful that you remember to celebrate. I hope you have many years of blessings with both William and Emmalyn Parker!!

I think we're going to celebrate Father's Day at the lake on Saturday. OS and GF are bringing their newly adopted kittens. It'll be entertaining to see how well our older cat adapts to the newcomers, but since they spend tons of time at the lake with us, they'll all have to learn to get along! Dinner will be a tenderloin roast with a choice of sauces--pomegranate-port or au poirve--potatoes, some kind of veggie or salad, and something for dessert. I think I need to spend time tomorrow revising the plan and the menu!!!