Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

Taking a break from pork today and using up a pkg. of scallops from the freezer for Toasted quinoa Salad with Scallops & Snow Peas - an old Eating Well recipe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
What I really want is pizza! Yup, that's what I want. Not sure what I will have though... It depends.

I think I need to get my fridge cleaned out.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by luvnit (What I really want i...)
Tonight is a Chile Relleno Mac & cheese. Radiatore pasta, poblano peppers, cheese, and an egg "custard" sauce. Perhaps some crushed corn chips for the topping.

A spinach salad will go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is a Chile R...)
Breakfast for dinner tonight, Swedish pancakes with blueberry sauce and sausage.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by losblanos1 (Breakfast for dinner...)
Gosh, that sounds so good, Blane. I've noticed that you do breakfast for dinner regularly. It's really quite a great idea as we never eat a breakfast like that at any other time, but would really love it for dinner. Think I might have to copy that idea.

Dinner tonight is Jean's recipe for Nobu-Style Marinated Fish. No halibut, so will use Cod. Also having Vicci's recipe for Soba Noodles with Vegetables, but without the chicken since we're having fish.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by Mare749 (Gosh, that sounds so...)
I love breakfast for dinner - especially on cool/cold days!!

Well, today's dinner was a hit!! Will be doing this again, that's for sure. It's an old Eating Well recipe -
Toasted Quinoa Salad with Scallops & Snow Peas

[Image: jUne12ToastedQuinoawScallopsandSnowPeas_zps7fb79507.jpg]

I didn't have sea scallops, so just tossed the bay scallops over medium-high heat. Super good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by cjs (I love breakfast for...)
Jean, that looks so delicious!!!!

I was going to have a salad for dinner, maybe, but Aleana's Papi (in-laws here for Miss Emmalynn Parker DeLaney's arrival in the very near future.) is grilling ribs. She insisted on sending me a plate. I'm just too exhausted to join them for dinner.

One more half day with kids and three workdays next week....unless I get a call that Parker is on the way!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that looks so ...)
Daphne, as a fellow teacher, I'm hoping for the call ASAP for you (early summer break!)....none of us really want to be there for the last half day or the post planning! However, the time to sign yearbooks that last day is INCREDIBLY important to the kiddos. I guess I'm old, 'cuz I don't remember it being such a big deal...

Tonight's dinner was tasty! We had Roasted Red Pepper and Sausage Alfredo. I did eliminate the olive oil and drained the sausage on paper towels. I also used skim milk and the flavors were still incredibly rich. I know it's not diet food, but it cured my pasta craving!! YUM!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by karyn (Daphne, as a fellow ...)
That Alfredo sounds like something to play with!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/12/14?? by cjs (That Alfredo sounds ...)
I can't wait to try this, Karyn! Thank you!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.