fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc.
  Re: (...)
The kids got Ron this gadget for Father's Day. It's pretty handy because you don't have to watch the grill constantly when you are cooking indirect. It sends you an alert when your food has reached the correct temperature.

http://idevicesinc.com/igrill/igrill/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc. by Mare749 (The kids got Ron thi...)
That looks awesome! I'm adding it to my wish list of cool gadgets.
  Re: Re: fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc. by karyn (That looks awesome! ...)
Oh Maryann you'll have to let me know how well it works. This is on my bday wish list
  Re: Re: fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc. by DFen911 (Oh Maryann you'll ha...)
That is so cool!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc. by luvnit (That is so cool!!!...)
I'm still on the chapter of how to load pictures...............................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc. by Mare749 (The kids got Ron thi...)
This is so awesome! Look forward to hearing a report of how it works - definitely going on the wishlist.
  Re: Re: fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc. by Sammi (This is so awesome! ...)
Well, Ron decided this thermometer is pretty great. He used it last night for the burgers, setting the probes through the sides. Then, he just waited for the alert that they were done and pulled them off. We always let meat rest at least 10 minutes and the burgers were perfect.

Of course, this was only one time, so will have to report back later as we use it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: fun grilling accessory for ipod, iphone, etc. by Mare749 (Well, Ron decided th...)
Tony would probably love that. To add to his ever expanding thermometer collection.