Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14??
  Re: (...)
JULY???? What's on the menu for everyone today??

Last T-Bone and grilled (if I can get the 'old' grill working, which I thought would be a snap after a fellow picked up the big grill. ) sweet potatoes.

I'm having a moving company guy come in this a.m. to pack up the china, crystal, etc. that I want packed perfectly and you should see this house, every surface has goodies on it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by cjs (JULY???? [img]/ubbth...)
You are so smart to hire a moving company to do the fragile stuff! Good luck with the grill!

I don't have a clue about dinner. I'm off to look for ideas. I sure wish I had some of those peppers to make that pasta dish Barbara made yesterday! But I have too much to do today, so a trip to the city is impossible.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (You are so smart to ...)
Michael asked for a rotissiere chicken (fine with me!), and I'll make broccoli and baked potatoes as sides.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by Trixxee (Michael asked for a ...)
We're having the grilled chicken and guacamole salad I posted on the earlier salad thread. We were going to go out for pizza, but then remembered that the bar area in our favorite pizza place (which is where we like to sit) will probably be really crowded with people watching the USA-Belgium match, and then staying on to celebrate (I hope)!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by karyn (We're having the gri...)
From the new issue I'm making the BBQ beef cheeseburgers with cheddar and bacon.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by losblanos1 (From the new issue I...)
So hot and humid here, so we're having a quick and easy meal tonight. Frozen raviolis and jarred sauce, with a tossed salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by losblanos1 (From the new issue I...)
I'm glad I didn't hurt my brain trying to figure out dinner. William has a meeting and will get a meal there, so I'm just going to make another taco salad. Glad I didn't have that for lunch!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm glad I didn't hu...)
Grilling thick pork chops tonight. Corn looked awful so that's off the table. I hope the local farmers market gets some in and then I'll buy a case or two and freeze it. I was going to do a new lamb dish, but stupid store didn't have any lamb. I have some in my freezer that is now thawing for tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by DFen911 (Grilling thick pork ...)
Trying to keep up with a darn 30-something packing, I'm too pooped to even grill a steak! Cheese & crackers, it will be. Plus working on reducing those bottles of wine we don't have room for!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/1/14?? by cjs (Trying to keep up wi...)
Hey you all,we are having leftovers again. Getting ready for the 4th. Brisket, ribs, sausage, Hebrew Nationals for the kids, German potato salad , Hatian cole slaw, pineapple pound cake , cherry pie, and Saturday pizza and salad. Fancy breakfasts and Mexican food out on Thursday nite.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".