Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

All this darn talk of cream cheese ice cream and pineapple crisp is making my mouth water.

I have some l/os that I think will go well in burritos, so that's probably what we'll have.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're grilling the Drunk Pork Kebabs and I'm making that Maque Choux.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14?? by BarbaraS (We're grilling the D...)
Heading to Geneva to see the kids. We all have a free pizza coming from the winery across the street from their campground. So, we might go there.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thankfully, the weekend food plans were already made! No ice cream or crisp yet....but coming soon! LOL!

Tonight I've planned an Italian Sausage Lasagna. It's a light version of lasagna I found years ago with lots of peppers and onions. Aleana LOVES Italian food, but I know she's working on getting her figure back, so I thought this would be a great figure friendly welcome home dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thankfully, the week...)
CA is making the confetti pasta that Barbara gave a rave review on. How can the recipe rate higher than "two thumbs up with snaps"?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14?? by losblanos1 (CA is making the con...)
Blane,

Make extra pasta. Not only is it good warm, but it's awesome cold and without the chicken!

Making the Shallot vinaigrette Dressing for salad tonight. That was a real winner, too!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14?? by BarbaraS (Blane,[br][br]Make e...)
I have a rack of pork ribs rubbed up and in the fridge for a few hours to get all flavor happy then onto the grill they go. Along with a zippy coleslaw and some garlic bread. Sun is out, clouds are gone which means the heat is coming in so also making a batch of sangria to sip
Quote:

We're grilling the Drunk Pork Kebabs and I'm making that Maque Choux.

Barbara

We love that, Barbara! Enjoy.

We just got the last of our guests off after the Costa Rica/Netherlands World Cup match. Dinner tonight is leftovers.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We had a really good sandwich last night - grilled (but I had to broil them)eggplant, red bell & zucchini sandwich. After the veggies were cooked, they are tossed in a mixture of Balsamic, salt & garlic powder. What great flavors and so easy! Added a slice of American cheese, too.

[Image: July5MediterraneanVeggieSandwich_zpsb4f3ed14.jpg]

I may get to like eggplant after all, if I keep trying.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/5/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the dinner and side. Did I miss somewhere to marinate the pork kebabs? Hubby did them just fine on the grill but they really didn't have much flavor with the reserved BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce was pretty tangy, I think I would prefer something a bit on the sweet side that would also crisp up the meat.

The Maque Choux - a waste of three perfectly good ears of corn. But wait, if I eliminate the sherry and the heavy cream and maybe just sauté all the veggies in a bit of reserved bacon grease... Yeah, I think that would work.

Barbara