The Worst?
  Re: (...)
So I've asked before if you could work any ingredient what would it be, and what is one kitchen tool you covet.

Now I want to know, what is the one tool in your kitchen you find absolutely worthless?

I'll start, that little metal thing designed to pluck the tops off strawberries Or that ripply thing you're suppose to cut cucumbers with. Hate em both! Now explain why I haven't tossed em yet?
  Re: The Worst? by DFen911 (So I've asked before...)
Yeah, that little metal thingy that is supposed to hull strawberries found a niche in a drawer somewhere and is not making the APB list any year soon.

The one thing I cannot easily live without is my Breville Toaster Oven. Makes darn good pizza, can take care of finishing off Filets en Croute, and doesn't make me use the big oven unless I really, really need to.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: The Worst? by BarbaraS (Yeah, that little me...)
Hmmmm, I'll have to think on this one, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Worst? by cjs (Hmmmm, I'll have to ...)
Me, too. I really can't think of anything right now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Mango cutter. I've been cutting my own mangoes for about 60 years and have never had to use a special tool. The trick is to place the mango so the skinny side faces you, then cut with a knife that is as big as the mango (I've done with a pairing knife but is is harder). If you want a convenient handle to eat the little bit left on the seed, place an ice pick in the center of the top of the seed. Cubans of course had dedicated mango forks.
  Re: Re: The Worst? by Cubangirl (Mango cutter. I've b...)
I agree with Alina about the mango cutter! My least favorite probably would be a little wimpy thing to cut corn off the cob. What a waste that silly thing that was. I can whip if off much faster with my bird's beak knife and juice the cob at the same time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Worst? by cjs (I agree with Alina a...)
Oh Alina and Jean those are good ones
  Re: Re: The Worst? by DFen911 (Oh Alina and Jean th...)
A "low-power" hand blender. About all this stupid thing does is stir the soup. It's a joke in our family and we keep passing it on as a gag gift.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oooo! Oooo! Ooo! Alina found them!! in this post!!

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...true#Post148931

I loved when she posted this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047E0...nortediblife-20

I thought about buying it to pass it along as a "joke" - re-gift-the-Secret Santa-pass-it-along-booby-prize gift. Seriously, how ridiculous is that!!

Labs found these really good ones, too:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/03/2...dont-need/

Okay, so admit this, has anyone got one/some of these? Gift or buyer's remorse?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: The Worst? by BarbaraS (Oooo! Oooo! Ooo! ...)
3. Sunnyside Egg Mold: $12.90 on eBay
Got to admit I would have bought this when the kids were little – how cute.
www.achefsjourney.com