Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having the ribs I cooked the other day and corn o the cob. Has anyone ever broiled corn??? I'm hoping not to have to just boil it, but I've never broiled it, either.

I'm beginning to feel like Sharon - everything I want to use is either packed or in the trailer....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I've never broiled corn or even grilled it before.

Today it's strawberry cheesecake pancakes.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by losblanos1 (I've never broiled c...)
Oh Blane - you've not grilled it??? It is so wonderful and easy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by cjs (Oh Blane - you've no...)
Jean why not use your camping grill?

I've never broiled it either, I do grill it a lot, but never in the husks. I don't like the flavor then. But out of the husks so the corn gets some of that char going...oh boy that is good stuff.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by DFen911 (Jean why not use you...)
I am not wild about grilled corn. I actually think it tastes better boiled.

We are having cheeseburgers and steak fries or tots, I have both.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by Trixxee (I am not wild about ...)
I've never broiled it either. Good luck!

The weather was just too gorgeous yesterday, so we wound up finishing off leftovers. That means we'll be having the salmon tonight. We typically eat late in the evening....around seven and sadly, sometimes later. But this has been getting in the way of deck time. So I'm going to start shooting for five and have deck time after. Healthier that way anyway.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've never broiled i...)
Can't use the trailer grill, Denise - it's set up for the trailer propane hook-up thingee.

I don't grill my corn with the husks either - little oil, med. heat, turn 1/4 every 5-7 minutes 4X and you're good to go. Love it grilled.

Well, I guess I'll boil it, if I don't pack all the big pots in the next hour....................
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by cjs (Can't use the traile...)
Blane...

Try THIS or THIS.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by labradors (Blane... [br][br]Try...)
Boy, I don't often disagree with little ole Labs, but I sure do over this. As Barbaa would say about egg yolks...."YUCK!!!!"

The beauty of corn on the cob is the simplicity and allowing the flavor of corn to take you to another level of exquisiteness!

-----

Ended up boiling the corn - it was o.k. not bad, but I sure do prefer grilled.

Roy brought home a new melon (for us) - Lemondrop melon. The flavor is just great - I got the lemon right off the bat, but Roy didn't get the lemon at all. ???
Lemondrop melon

wish I had more time to play with this -
The Lemon Drop melon is best suited for fresh eating or pureed into a chilled summer soup, sorbet or cocktail beverage. Its sweet tart nature lends itself to pairing with sweeter melons, dried fruit, mild and spicy salad greens, ginger, chiles, seafood, proscuitto, tomatoes, feta, herbs such as basil and cilantro and nuts such as hazelnuts, pistachios and pepitas. - See more at: http://www.specialtyproduce.com/produce/...ENbct.dpuf
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/9/14?? by cjs (Boy, I don't often d...)
I've actually never had the Mexican Street Corner, but have seen it and heard of it and it sounded interesting - especially with Blake's mention of his never having had grilled corn before. Different strokes, etc.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?