Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

The neighbors are having a 'farewell' party for us tonight. The buyer came by yesterday - he's getting so excited to get in here. He and his wife (we invited them to the party also, so they could met some folk) and Roy & I will come back over here and share a bottle of wine and she can see the house empty. Really fun and nice couple.

So, full day for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh, Jean! How sweet! Have a great day!

I have moved steak night to Saturdays these days. Fresh boiled potatoes and spinach salad will finish out the meal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Jean! How sweet...)
I don't really have a plan of action. Tony is going to Costco and if they have some fresh salmon that looks good and isn't farm raised I'd like to make that. Haven't had salmon in a long time.

If that doesn't pan out, I'm not sure. Possibly shrimp scampi over angel hair, or linguine with white clam sauce. Have everything for both of those dishes.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by Trixxee (I don't really have ...)
Jean it will be bitter sweet, but I think more sweet

Hot here so will make tuna salad and then put it on a bed of greens.

Daphne I like your options
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by DFen911 (Jean it will be bitt...)
Forgot the fresh sliced tomato!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Forgot the fresh sli...)
home grown Daphne? I'm going to sure miss my garden this year...will have to enjoy 2nd best - farmers markets.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by cjs (home grown Daphne? I...)
Yes they are....by a friend. Our plants are loaded, just not ready yet. But soon!

If it was me, I'd hit every market along the route! Great time of year to do just that.
Daphne
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean,

That is so nice to have new owners to the party to meet their new neighbors!! I hope you all have a blast with good memories to remember and new ones to make!

We're splitting a ribeye - over 1 lb - with corn for me and potato for Hubby and side salads with Blue Cheese dressing.

The corn is coming in and tasting just as sweet as last year's crop.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/12/14?? by BarbaraS (Jean,[br][br]That is...)
Thanks! I'm dreaming of being at Barbara's for dinner!!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com