Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're on the road to Spokane and one of my favorite delis/produce stores around. Putting the l/o toasted quinoa salad w scallop in wraps for breakfast to see us thru the trip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am thinking about looking for something adventurous, but it will probably be steak on the deck with a salad. I will probably be meeting Mom in the city to check on my niece.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I am thinking about ...)
We are undecided. Might go out.

ETA: Going to my favorite nice restaurant on the lake:

http://www.selectrestaurants.com/pier/1.0.0.php
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by Mare749 (We are undecided. M...)
Oh, Maryann! I LOVE THE MENU! Let us know what you ordered! And have a lovely romantic evening!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Maryann! I LOVE...)
I sure hope she chose the Pier W’s Famous Bouillabaisse. That screamed at me

Hot and now windy here, but hopefully it'll die down in time to grill a couple of NY steaks.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by DFen911 (I sure hope she chos...)
Same here, Denise! That's what I picked for my imaginary dinner there! And what a cool location!!!!

Our steaks and salad were PERFECT!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Same here, Denise! ...)
Yep, it was calling my name, too! However, we didn't get to eat there last night and walked away disappointed. In all fairness, I should have called ahead for a reservation, which we didn't think we would need on a Thursday.

We haven't been there in a few years and they did some remodeling. What used to be a huge bar area is now much smaller. Not a very good idea considering how many people were walking away because they couldn't get in.

So, lesson learned, and next time we will call ahead.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Same here, Denise! ...)
Everything on the menu sounds so very good!! How can you go wrong?

We had such a bit(h of a first leg of our journey, we didn't even have dinner - it was so late when we got here. Had to backtrack from the summit of Stevens Pass/Hiway 2 (abot 40 miles) after they closed the hiway to all traffic down the other side because of the fire/smoke.

After we got back to NOrth Bend and onto 90, there was a major pileup at Kittitas because of smoke and high winds and we had about 14 mile detour on back roads to go around the bad area.

Honest to God, what a trip it was!!Finally got settled in the narrowest site we've ever had-pines and bushes so close, Roy was swearing the entire hookup. Oh well, go with the flow travelin'

Now, we can start 7 days of just relaxing!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/17/14?? by cjs (Everything on the me...)
I hate you had such a hard time getting settled! Its good you can take a few days to relax after the frenzy to move.
Daphne