T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I took out my last pkg. of 2 pcs. of cod, but don't know what I'll do with it yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Since its just me and Cricket, I'm just going to warm up the spaghetti from the other night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since its just me an...)
I'm leaning towards pizza, but steak sounds good also. I have some halibut in the freezer so fish tacos could be a choice. The Italian steak sandwich is always a hit or maybe a cheeseburger w/fries Hmmmm.... I can't decide.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by losblanos1 (I'm leaning towards ...)
I'm doing cod over roasted asparagus and lemon-caper sauce. I usually do this dish with salmon, but i have cod thawed, so will go with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by cjs (I'm doing cod over r...)
Okay, so we brined a chicken last night and Ron is smoking it today. (It's the one from the other day that we did not do.)

Just finished making Orzo Veggies, a wonderful recipe that Marye posted a while back.

Ice cream sundaes after Katie's softball game. They are in the playoffs!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Picked up a pepperoni and cheese calzone for Hubby, and medium hot garlic wings for me from Whistler's Inn in NJ. They have great ribs and an ancient smokehouse, but their ribs are too smoked for my palate.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by BarbaraS (Picked up a pepperon...)
You know, if we finally get to travel, i will be contacting you guys about places to eat! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (You know, if we fina...)
I intend to do that also, Daphne - as we hit each state!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by cjs (I intend to do that ...)
Goodness! They just did a fried chicken version of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate"!!! Imagining a trip eating my way around the country!!!! LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/18/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Goodness! They just...)
what's not to love about that idea????
www.achefsjourney.com