Hey Sharon! Here's One for Us!!!
  Re: (...)
White Trash

Here is the perfect sweet snack for your next party. Everyone has a hard time keeping their hands off of White Trash.
• 9 cups assorted unsweetened cereals*
• 3 cups salted nuts
• 2 cups pretzel sticks
• 2 - 12 ounce packages (4 cups) white chocolate chips
Cover large surface with waxed or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cereals, nuts and pretzels. In a microwavable bowl, melt white chocolate chips in microwave on 70 percent power for 1 minute. Stir. If necessary, continue to microwave in 10 to 15 second increments until melted. Stir melted chocolate into cereal mixture until well coated. Quickly spread out over covered surface. Once cooled, break-up and store in resealable containers or bags.
*Cereals such as Cheerios, any and/or all Chex flavors

Reviews:
I made this last night, actually less than an hour before a party. I used multi grain Cheerios, Crispix, pretzels, also added Craisins and cashew nuts. I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes before breaking it apart. It turned out perfect. It's also good with mini marshmallows and M&M's. It's one of those basic recipes that you can add your favorites to that will 'make it your own'.
54 of 57 people found this review helpful.

This stuff is the best! Everyone loves it at get togethers and it's so easy! I add cup of M&M's to give it some color and, well, who doesnt like chocolate? I use the seasonal-colored M&M's depending on the occassion.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hey Sharon! Here's One for Us!!! by cjs (White Trash[br][br]H...)
Jean! You're KILLING me!!!! I'm so hungry!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! Here's One for Us!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Jean! You're KILLIN...)
Jean, you really are too funny! Recipe sounds yummy, especially with the M&M's.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! Here's One for Us!!! by Mare749 (Jean, you really are...)
That sounds really good. We're hoping to have a get together with some of our fellow "work campers" and that would be a fun pre-dinner snack. Maybe we should do a theme dinner - all trailer trash recipes.

Here's another one, this one's from a really nice couple from Texas.

Ranch Pretzels (no bake)
3-4 lb bag of mini pretzels (not sticks)
2 pkgs original style Ranch Dressing mix
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1 bottle butter flavor popcorn oil (Orville Redenbacher's 12 oz)

Combine all ingredients and let set for a day or two to allow the oil and seasonings to "congeal". Get's better as it ages, and freezes well if you need to hide some.

I tried some of this - leery since I despise ranch dressing - but this was really addictive.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! Here's One for Us!!! by Harborwitch (That sounds really g...)
I have to try the White Trash recipe. My MIL makes the pretzel recipe that Sharon posted. Kids love it. Freezes well too. Nice to have around.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Hey Sharon! Here's One for Us!!! by luvnit (I have to try the Wh...)
That does sound strange, but I trust your judgement.

Along a similar theme, you could do Puppy Chow for dessert!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.