Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner today??

This is a travel day for us, so probably something with the l/o roasted chicken.

A quick wind/rain storm flew thru here last night, knocked out power for about 4 hours and emergency sirens were going on forever, it seemd. I've never seen such hellacious winds and with all these trees around here, thought for sure some would come down. Scary!

So, this was our dinner -
[Image: July23Poweroutdinner_zps822a9ba5.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by cjs (What's for dinner to...)
We are traveling all the way to Laguna Beach today. Check in time isn't until 3:00 and by the time we get everything all set up and put away, my crew and my sister's crew just want cheeseburgers overlooking the Pacific while looking for dolphin pods and whale spouts. Ice cold beer for the guys, and mai tais for me and my sister. Well, maybe more than one. Then my 8 and 11 year old nephews want to teach Michael and I how to play Mexican Train (dominoes).

Going to pick up the RV soon - just had the rubber roof redone, carpets cleaned and the outside of it all detailed.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by Trixxee (We are traveling all...)
Well, hopefully you will be leaving that weather behind you today, Jean. Do you have the next destination in mind or are you just meandering down the road?

We are having a Mexican night here with the girls and families. All the talk about burritos yesterday made me hungry. So, we will have a taco/burrito station with beef, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, etc. and some frozen margaritas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by Mare749 (Well, hopefully you ...)
Good idea, Trixxee

We're off to Sand Point, Idaho. Very close to the Canadian border, so we'll be doing some exploring there, too. I've only been to Victoria, B.C. So I'm looking forward to checking things out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by cjs (Good idea, Trixxee[b...)
Sounds exciting, Jean!

Have fun, Trixxee!

As announced yesterday, we are having the Chile Colorado Burritos and the Mexican Rice from one of Maryann's dinner reviews.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds exciting, Jea...)
15 - 2, 15 - 4, 1 for his nobs and 4 for the crackers?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by labradors (15 - 2, 15 - 4, 1 fo...)
Yup!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by cjs (Yup! [img]/ubbthrea...)
HUH?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (HUH?...)
Reference to the Cribbage board, Daphne.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/24/14?? by labradors (Reference to the Cri...)
Speaking of the winds, they went straight up the Hiway 2 corridor and on our way from Spokane to Sandpoint, ID, there were areas one after the other with homes/RV/trailers with trees down on them. It was a mess!

I must say this adventure has not been boring so far....
www.achefsjourney.com