T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14??
  Re: (...)
August already, who can believe that?? What's on the menu for everyone today?

I made up a new pizza dough yesterday (thanks to Maryann), so may give it a try when we get settled under Big Montana skies. Have never stopped in Montana, so anxious to see it. I have a couple of Bison Smokies and 'bread' cheese for the pizza.

On further checking on Bread cheese, don't think I'll use it on pizza, probably go with the Muenster we also picked up. Bread cheese looks like Halloumi and similar in style of heating before using.

Bread Cheese
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by cjs (August already, who ...)
I'm not sure, because I'll probably eat what William brings home from the farm. If not that, a tomato sandwich. I have a late afternoon hair appointment, so I'm going the easy lazy route today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure, becaus...)
Trying a new recipe for cod. We will put it on the grill along with a few veggies.

Black Cod in Miso Marinade

½ cup Asian pear juice (or apple juice)
3 Tbs red miso
1 Tbs honey
1 Tbs umeboshi (preserved plum) paste or mirin (rice cooking wine)
3 cloves garlic
½ inch inch peeled ginger, chopped
¾ lbs black cod

Mix all marinade ingredients together. Add fish and marinate 12 hours. Grill just until fish flakes, or bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes.

Source: Food 52
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by Mare749 (Trying a new recipe ...)
"Wet" Chile Colorado Burritos with sour cream, black olives and avocado slices as garnishes.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by Trixxee ("Wet" Chile Colorado...)
Ideas are sounding good again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by cjs (Ideas are sounding g...)
Stuffed zucchini with left over grilled chicken I did last night. Also was so fortunate that out at the garden I volunteer at, I got to pick 2lbs of fresh rip figs. So making jam today as well
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by DFen911 (Stuffed zucchini wit...)
Leftover fried-up Macs n Cheese with Kielbasa.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by BarbaraS (Leftover fried-up Ma...)
We had a long trip to Montana. I think they are working on every 20 miles of highway 2 in this state. BUT, what a beautiful state it is!

Forgot to mention earlier - we watched Gravity last night. Funny, I was absolutely glued to the tv, but when it was over, I didn't feel that impressed.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by cjs (We had a long trip t...)
Well crap wish I hadn't read this. We just got Gravity from Netflix.

:|
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/1/14?? by cjs (We had a long trip t...)
Oh Jean I hope you and Roy have time to explore Montana. It is a truly beautiful state. I was born there, my Dad was born there, and my Mom was raised there. She and I took a "roots trip" there and went to all the places that are important to us. Kalispel is beautiful. There's a ghost twon we went to that was really interesting.

Last night was cheater pizza - we got some premade you bake cheese pizzas and built beautiful pizzas with them. The new oven worked perfectly and SILENTLY! Wheooooeeeeee! The pizza was pretty good too!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!