Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

Today is a 'tourist' day for us - have no idea what direction we'll head yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Can't wait to see where you wind up, Jean!

I haven't decided yet. I have lots to do today. OS is coming home today finally! It's been a long time! So I'll have to come up with something really special. But with so much to do, it will need to be simple. After seeing a steak cook off Saturday, I've been craving a good steak. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Can't wait to see wh...)
Daphne, last week you planted BLT's in my head, so that's dinner today.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by losblanos1 (Daphne, last week yo...)
No ideas yet. Today is going to be a day hitting lots of stores to get our supplies for the mega deer fence which will include a new pellet gun.

Nice thing is the garden will now triple in size and will encompass my greenhouse so I can leave the door open in the summer and not worry about the "bambinator" getting in there.
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Your travels look like fun Jean.

I'm not sure about dinner. I have figs, lovely Anaheim peppers, a green tomato, ripe tomatoes, some fresh sweet white onions. It's a 7:30 night tonight. Maybe my "boys" will surprise me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by Harborwitch (Your travels look li...)
I'm not sure - I have to run to the store here in a bit. Ever since I mentioned those wings the other day I've had wings on my mind so maybe those. Baked and then finished on the grill though - sort of leary about the crock pot idea now.

We have salad to use and I'll probably pick up some corn on the cob.

(But with all the talk of BLT's, that's what I'm making for lunch, but with avocado).
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by Harborwitch (Your travels look li...)
Sounds like a plan, Denise!

Yay for surprises, Sharon!

Still undecided! I'll let OS pick. He should be here soon.

ETA: Most unfortunate, he wanted the Chicken Linuine and we just had that. Will do later in the week. Went to get steak....WHOA! $10.99 a pound?!?! RIDICULOUS! So I settled for the next best thing...London Broil. I'll do boiled potatoes and a salad on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds like a plan, ...)
We have smoked chicken leftover from yesterday's family dinner. Ron likes it "as is" but I love it made into a chicken salad spread with a little bit of onion, celery, and walnuts, mixed with light mayo, on romaine. So, we will each have our own.

My neighbor gave me two torpedo sized zucchini, so I used one to make zucchini-parmesan soup for a starter. Tomorrow, I will grate the rest for zucchini bread. We like the one in "Cuisine Lite Fresh and Fabulous." It's great toasted with cream cheese for breakfast.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/4/14?? by Mare749 (We have smoked chick...)
Teacher work day for me. Since we were entertaining at the lake all weekend, I went for simple--Reuben sandwiches and baby carrots. At least there are leftoever for lunch tomorrow!