Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14??
  Re: (...)
Sorry I'm a little late this morning - what's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftovers here and later the rest of our Lobster & Prawn corn chowder. Hate to see the last of it.

the reason I'm late this morning, just posted on the blog about our trip to Glacier National Park yesterday....
http://cjdacook.wordpress.com/

it was a fun day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by cjs (Sorry I'm a little l...)
Alyssa and Tommy are with me today, so keeping it simple. Have some sauce with sausage thawing that I'll put into a baked pasta dish for later with some melty cheese on top. Green tossed salad and garlic bread to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by Mare749 (Alyssa and Tommy are...)
Beautiful photos Jean. I personally would had to have been sedated. I have developed such a fear of heights while driving it's not funny. There is a beautiful look out point on the Big Island of Hawaii and I also could not get out of the car. And I was afraid Michael was going to blow off the hill. Yeah, that was a lot of fun. LOL.

I am picking up a rotissiere chicken for chicken noodle soup.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by Trixxee (Beautiful photos Jea...)
Pan seared chicken breast with mustard sauce, zucchini and rice.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by DFen911 (Pan seared chicken b...)
Exactly how I was, Trixxee!! what a couple of wusses we are.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by cjs (Exactly how I was, T...)
LOL! Tony doesn't understand it. He says, what, do you think we're just going to drive off the road? Me: YES!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by Trixxee (LOL! Tony doesn't u...)
Thai chicken skewer wraps tonight.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by losblanos1 (Thai chicken skewer ...)
Oh that's a good one, Blane! I think we did a review on that one.

Having lived in the mountains for four years, I guess I developed an immunity? You two are funny!

Jean, I loved the blog post!

I had to drive into the city today for a number of errands. One was groceries for the next two nights and dinner. I got so flustered over a number of things at the grocery store, one being no fennel. AAARRRGGGG! Got in the car and realized I forgot to get anything for dinner! Well, Thursday's dinner quickly moved to tonight! I was lucky to get out of town in one piece! There were many moments of road rage involved! City traffic getting out at 5:00 is a bad idea!

Anyway, OS got his request for the Chicken Linguine tonight instead of Thursday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh that's a good one...)
Thanks Daphne, it was quite a trip. Kalispell is not a small town any longer - so many oil workers, it is a real boom town with all the traffic to boot.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/5/14?? by cjs (Thanks Daphne, it wa...)
No baked pasta. Ron brought home gyros.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."