Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I'm trying another 'wine' pizza dough pizza - sausage again because I had one whole one left from our jaunt to Glacier. Later, I'm thinking we may have crab melts.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm anxious to hear what you think about that dough recipe. I did send an email to Deborah regarding the amount of water in the recipe, but have not heard back yet.

Not sure what's for dinner just yet. I've been reading Frances Mayes "Under the Tuscan Sun Cookbook" and want to make everything in it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by Mare749 (I'm anxious to hear ...)
Just leftover chicken noodle soup here. And garlic toast.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by Trixxee (Just leftover chicke...)
I loved that book, Maryann - and there are some great ideas in it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by cjs (I loved that book, M...)
Steak with a salad and I will introduce corn on the cob. This Banting diet says that corn is a huge no-no BUT Last night we had a fish dish served with a Thai ginger sauce that I thought might send his glucose level to the stars but it was LESS than usual this morning. I am going to be a bit more adventurous every day. He also had cherries and strawberries for "treats" yesterday....which also added to my surprise with his level.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by Roxanne 21 (Steak with a salad a...)
Well, my dinner plans this week seem doomed! I was all worked up (and had Ashley all worked up) over the Flexing Mussles for dinner tonight, but with clams, her favorite! Alas, with the monsoon rains lately, no clams to be had! So bummed!

Anyway, in an effort to maximize time with the kids...all THREE here at the same time for the first time in a couple of years I think?!?!?! I've decided to go with something easy, a low country boil with some King Crab Legs thrown on top. Having all my babies all together sitting on the deck all to ourselves will make up for the change in plans!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, my dinner plan...)
You are very wise, Roxanne, to introduce 'goodies' slowly.

Have a wonderful time, Daphne!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by cjs (I loved that book, M...)
Quote:

I loved that book, Maryann - and there are some great ideas in it.

Yes, it's great. Am thinking that I should own it.
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh Happy Day!!!

On a lark while picking up wine, Ashley checked seafood prices. Not only were the Snow Crab prices lower than the King I saw, for $4.99/16 count LITTLE NECK CLAMS!!!!!!!!!

Flexing Clams back on for dinner!!!!! I love that kid!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Happy Day!!![br][...)
So, finally did the baked pasta tonight along with two "stuffed" zucchini boats. It's smelling good in here.
Maryann