Watermelon & Feta Salad Review
  Re: (...)
What a great summer time salad - and, I was really surprised at how well Roy liked it. He finished the bowl as he was doing dishes. This type of salad is usually not what he is into! And, so pretty, too.

[Image: Aug7MarileesWatermelonSalad_zpsb969071f.jpg]

Picnic Shrimp Salad with Watermelon and Feta – Marilee Brothers

3 Tbs fresh orange juice
4 Tbs fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp salt
1 small watermelon, seedless, diced into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbs fresh mint leaves, julienned
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
pepper to taste
1 Tbs olive oil
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled

1. Combine the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice and the salt in a large bowl.

2. Put the watermelon and mint into the orange juice mixture, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

3. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

4. Using a grill or a grill pan, grill the shrimp, turning once until bright pink and opaque. Set aside to cool.

5. Gently stir the cheese into the watermelon mixture. Put the watermelon mixture into containers and place the grilled, cooled shrimp on top.

Yield: Serves 8
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Watermelon & Feta Salad Review by cjs (What a great summer ...)
Okay, I've been intrigued by the whole feta and watermelon thing for a while now, but I still can't wrap my brain around it. Now you add shrimp to the mix? This Southern Coastal gal is struggling to imagine this! This picture has my taste buds confused! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Watermelon & Feta Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I've been intr...)
I'm having the same problem with this as Daphne mentioned. But, I'll take your word for it, Jean, that the combination does work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Watermelon & Feta Salad Review by Mare749 (I'm having the same ...)
Did I steer you wrong with "cold oil chicken"? (Or,did either of you take that dare?)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Watermelon & Feta Salad Review by cjs (Did I steer you wron...)
I still haven't finagled the fryer from my mom. But I plan to try it one of these days!

And if I can screw up the courage to try the watermelon and feta....been tempted lately...and I like it, I'll try it the second time this way. You haven't let me down yet!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Watermelon & Feta Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (I still haven't fina...)
I love watermelon and feta together, over micro greens with fresh basil and a balsamic glaze. Have never thought to add shrimp!