Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having an old favorite - Beef Taco bake.

We're in Havre, Montana for 2 nights and since we don't want to unhook, we're eating pretty simply. Not even getting the grill out.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I picked up some western style ribs for the grill, so may use those. Not sure what else just yet.

Jean, is this stop for a break from driving?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by Mare749 (I picked up some wes...)
No ideas yet other than it involves chicken.

Last 2 days are a blur and now heading out to volunteer at the big garden. Then back to put finishing touches on a new rail fence we put up on the back patio and the deconstruction of my destroyed garden.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by DFen911 (No ideas yet other t...)
Reuben paninis with the leftover corned beef from the other night. Tots on the side if anyone wants them.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by Trixxee (Reuben paninis with ...)
Yes, Maryann - we're doing a couple of days of 2 niters. Need to get across Montana....then we'll spend a week in Minot, N.D. and look for some pheasant.

Have not had pheasant since I was a kid and my dad always went hunting. LOVE IT!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by cjs (Yes, Maryann - we're...)
CA has the kitchen today, peppered filets w/ cream sauce, goat cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by losblanos1 (CA has the kitchen t...)
So Ron decided to smoke the ribs and I made Roasted Red Bliss Potato Salad. Got some great homegrown tomatoes, so we'll have sliced tomatoes on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by Mare749 (So Ron decided to sm...)
We had chicken with red wine pan sauce, risotto, and green beans. One of my all-time favorite dinners that I never remember...
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by karyn (We had chicken with ...)
Jean, if you find plenty of pheasant, I have an awesome recipe with a horseradish cream sauce that is super good that you may want to look at.

I had to run to the city on errands today, so I decided on something quick and easy. We had Erin's Pasta Cobb Salad. Got the GOOD Blue Cheese while in the city. Love that stuff!

When I got home, YS had cleaned up my kitchen and offered to do dinner for me! Such a sweetie!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 8/9/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, if you find pl...)
Yes, I'll remember that, Daphne - thanks.

Using 'native' foods while we in the states is really turning out to be fun! For N.Dakota I have listed:
pheasant
chokecherry
Trout/Catfish ( )/Northern Pike
Moose/antelope

Most of the wineries produce non-grape wines - fruit and Honey wines - one winery makes dandelion and pumpkin wines......hope we get to try these, I think.
www.achefsjourney.com