Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Lots of goodies in the fridge, so I'm not sure yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
This week is about favorites. Even though the weather isn't right for it, tonight's favorite is Hamburger Pie.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (This week is about f...)
I got a nice large cabbage, so am going to make a couple of casseroles of stuffed cabbage. This is another one of those dishes that Ron has to have mashed potatoes with, so those too. I'm happy without them as long as we have some good bread to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by Mare749 (I got a nice large c...)
The plan is to have French toast, but burgers are sounding real good right now.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by Mare749 (I got a nice large c...)
Old favorites is right - we're going to have the other half of the Mexican bake thing.

Do either of you ever feel like the three of us are in a private chat room???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by cjs (Old favorites is rig...)
Sometimes I do!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sometimes I do!...)
It will be wonderful, it will be sad.

Grilling up the last 2 ribeye steaks from the side of beef we bought. Pretty soon we will only have chicken, pork and some fish. Beef is far to expensive for my wallet right now.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by cjs (Old favorites is rig...)
Tonight is going to be Grilled Pork Chops (perhaps Margarita brined again since the guys loved them), a Tomato Gratin, and ???? I am going to have to have a lot of it ready to go . . . it's another 7:30 night tonight.

I am really hating the hours here . . . and it's going to get worse! By the middle of September we will be losing 3 of the people who work in the Pro Shop! I'm the 4th. Tonya is taking a lot of time off and the restaurant is short staffed . . . Bob was in the kitchen & bar from 9:30 to 7:30 Saturday. I had to help him when he got rushed (he did all the cooking) and work the Pro Shop. Our other cook is leaving mid-September, and Tonya is leaving after our last Tournament (not coming back!). The restaurant will close I guess, I don't know. The course crew will be down 2 guys too. It's going to be a rough fall! So, cooking will be on a back burner for a while.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is going to ...)
I was looking up that pheasant recipe Daphne posted to see if it was something I could use a different fowl for, and this recipe popped up as well. Going to try this tonight, but I will add a sauteed sliced chicken breast. I hope the pesto, brandy and cream all work well together.

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/of0j54cm/pro...sauce.html
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/11/14?? by Trixxee (I was looking up tha...)
What a shame the direction the golf course is taking, Sharon

That sauce sounds interesting, Trixxee
www.achefsjourney.com